Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Radio theft-deter disabling procedure...SNAG

No this is if your radio locks and you don't know the code this will allow you to get it working again, and no it isn't in the manual

tropik24 said:
No this is if your radio locks and you don't know the code this will allow you to get it working again, and no it isn't in the manual

Thanks good information to know that's for sure. If mine is not presently set I assume the red flashing light on the radio will not be flashing; isn't that correct? Should I set this up to flash or not?

Thanks,
Bill :w

If it were me I wouldn't set the code. If someone wants to steal that radio they can get it out of a S-10 instead

tropik24 said:
If it were me I wouldn't set the code. If someone wants to steal that radio they can get it out of a S-10 instead

Thanks, not so sure that I am concerned about someone stealing the radio but I thought with the red light flashing on the radio it may be a deternant to would be idiots/thiefs in general. But I don't want to take the chance of locking the radio up and can't use it either. What do you think? :confused

Thanks again,
Bill :w

I agree not worth the trouble just for a little red light.
Merry Christmas Al

tropik24 said:
I agree not worth the trouble just for a little red light.
Merry Christmas Al

The little red light is "kewl" though don't ya think? :cool If this has never been set up would this be risky to do so or not? I think I will read the owners manual before I just throw it out completly. . . . . . . . .

"Have A Very Merry Christmas; and A Very, Happy, Healthy, Prosperous New Year"

:pat GOD BLESS AND WATCH OVER THE MEN AND WOMEN OF THE US MILITARY :pat

Bill, USA :pat

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom