Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rallye Wheels | Backspacing.

PrelateBishop

With regards to the 1968-1972 model rallye/rally/ralley wheels found in both 15x7 and 15x8 dimensions, does anyone know what the backspacing is for each?

I thought I had read somewhere that the 8's were available in 3.75" and 4.25" backspacing, but I could certainly be wrong. I have no idea about he 7's.

Anyone able to shed some light on this?

Signed,

Clueless in Colorado
smile5.gif

BTW: I included all three spellings for the word rallye/rally/ralley, as I've seen it each way. Anyone know the official spelling? I'd simply like some piece of mind on this issue.

I think the backspacing is 4.25 but stand ready to be corrected. Regarding the spelling 'Rally' is correct if the name comes from a type of car race. Rallye is the same word in french, and Ralley is from them wut needes a psell schecker. :D

The '68 "AG" 7" rally wheel had an offset of -.28", and the '69-'82 "AZ" 8" rally wheel had an offset of -.50" (OEM's didn't use "backspacing" measurements - they used "offset", which is the difference between the plane of the centerline of the rim and the plane of the wheel-to-hub attaching surface; negative offset means the plane of the rim centerline is outboard of the mounting surface, and positive offset means the plane of the rim centerline is inboard of the mounting surface).

:beer

JohnZ,

Now that you mention wheel codes (I presume when you said "AZ"), where is a good source for wheel codes?

GerryLP:cool

JohnZ,

Now that you mention wheel codes (I presume when you said "AZ"), where is a good source for wheel codes?

GerryLP:cool

The Alan Colvin "Chevy By The Numbers" book series has all of the Chevrolet wheel codes.

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom