Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ram air for an '84 - can it be done?

You have to enable the cookies. In IE6 security is by default a bit high. Set cookies & accept 3rd party cookies. That will get you in.

Marck

Thanks Marc!
Yup! Man...... even finding the cookies enabling on IE6 is SO annoying compared to IE5! I was looking in the MAIN Advanced tab....NOT the sub-"advanced" tab under "privacy"! And I thought redundentcy was supposed to be good :D And I thought redundentcy was supposed to be good :D

Boys boys boys!!!!

Observations I have made after reading this thread...

1) Public education in Arkansas needs to be vastly improved. It is a verifiable fact Arkansas ranks 49th out of the 50 states in public education, and it shows.

2) When it comes to our cars, we're quite passionate about them.

OK, the fact of the matter is, if we had the money to do everything we wanted to do to our beloved 'vettes, we'd pay someone to do it for us, and while the 'vette was in the shop, we'd drive either our '63 Dino Ferrari, '66 Mustang or our '53 Porsche Spyder (James Dean would be proud). We'd have more money than God.

OK, I exagerrate, but I think I make my point. All this from asking an innocent question.

I forgot my beef!!!

I hate the idiots who say "Corvettes are a dime a dozen." Oh yeah, that's why the streets are flooded with them: you must own literally a dozen of them.

These same nitwits also like to chirp "That was a bad year for Corvettes, I wouldn't buy one." Good, leave it for me, because a bad year for a Corvette beats the hell out of any other model's good production year. Some of the 'vettes might be better than others, but it's still a CORVETTE!

If the '84 was so freakin' bad, why was it Motor Trend Car of the Year?

OK, I feel better now.

Oh if I hear " That was a bad year for Corvettes" one more time I think I'll puke.

That was a bad year for Corvettes ;)

they are dime a dozen in central, you can get L98's with 80K miles on them for 5K

but they are just really expensive to fix

most people dont buy corvettes cuase they seem them on the side of the street for sell and they think, i can't afford that,, when most the time there are no prices on it

then if there is a price on it, they will say to them self,, they can't afford the insurance.

i thought this all too,,, bu my insurance is only 100 a month and im 19,,
just for reliability, though

Im just glad i have a machine shop and a car lift to do my repairs

Re: I forgot my beef!!!

MyC4Project said:
I hate the idiots who say "Corvettes are a dime a dozen." Oh yeah, that's why the streets are flooded with them: you must own literally a dozen of them.

Yeah, those are the same idiots who don't own a Corvette and would add something like, "Yeah, I want a Viper because you see less of them."

Well, if you're getting a car purely for exclusive status, you have bigger problems than nice transportation. It's all regional. Just because you see a lot of Vette's here doesn't mean you'll see that many over there.

Right on! Let's face it, if I was going for status, a sun-faded '84 with 70K miles is not a quality choice. OK, let the snobs looks down their noses and go "oh, an '84. Too bad that was a bad year for the 'Vette." Ya know what? I like the bastard child status the '84 has. Let's face it, the bad boys, the outsiders, ALWAYS have the most fun!!

As for the dime a dozen comment and climate: sure climate has a lot to do with it, but here near Chicago you don't see many out in the winter, and you usually see them only on the best of days in the summer. So the idiots that utter that around here just irk me. I can understand where the comment could be made in warmer climes like the South and So Cal/Southwest with some jusitfication, but here? C'mon...

MyC4Project said:
OK, let the snobs looks down their noses and go "oh, an '84. Too bad that was a bad year for the 'Vette."

People who say that probably drive a Mustang!:L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom