Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Range AFM Disabling Device

Donpat

Corvette
02 convertible & 06 convertible
Paul
Any comments on the Range AFM Disabling Device? Can it do any damage to the engine? Also, when in AFM, is it always the same 4 cylinders?
Thanks again!!

Not a clue, except it's always the same cyls are deactivated. ;shrug

Yup, 1, 7, 6, and 4 are deactivated. If #1 is on its combustion event, #7 is deactivated; if #5 is on its combustion event, then #4 is deactivated. Always the same cylinders; but, which one is deactivated first varies.

There are a lot of complaints about AFM using oil excessively.

As it is a can device it doesn't change anything in the ECM; so it is undetectable unless you leave it in the OBD2 port and drop it off at the dealers.

Luckily (in a Vette) you can disable the 4 cyl mode at the turn of a knob.

I read that, as GM's and others versions use oil, I'd leave it off. ;) GM revised oil consumption between changes upward because of AFM. Economy and emission haven't been good for the consumer's wallet.
I have a AFM disable in my truck. I don't know if it can be turned off electronically. However, as writing to the ECM can be detected and the truck is under warranty, I have an AFM disable and normal oil consumption.

I believe I read Honda's AFM is better; however, after grandson's Accord, Honda has lost a lot of their shine.

Not to change the subject, but although I build my computers; I'm more of a points and condenser type.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom