Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rare Corvette, Chevelle stolen from Puyallup, Washington warehouse

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Rare Corvette, Chevelle stolen from Puyallup warehouse

By KOMONews.com Staff Published: Aug 10, 2012 at 12:17 PM PDT

PUYALLUP, Wash. -- Pierce County sheriff's detectives are investigating the theft of two rare cars valued at $150,000 each.

The vehicles were both taken from a warehouse located near 162nd Street and Meridian Avenue East some time between 10 p.m. Wednesday and 9 a.m. Thursday.

Crime Stoppers are now looking for a blue 1965 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 2-door hardtop coupe and a dark gray 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 2-door hardtop with black racing stripes.

A reward of up to $1,000 is being offered for information that leads to an arrest and a charge in the case.

Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers at 253-591-5959. Anonymous tips are welcome.

120810_missing_car_6601.jpg

In a container headed to South America or China I'm thinking......If they really want it they're probably going to get it........

Bummer dude. That is a sweet ride. Hope they recover it soon!

Hope they had good insurance coverage. :ugh

• Admin
Police recover rare Corvette, Chevelle stolen last week

Posted: 12:53 p.m. Friday, Aug. 17, 2012
Kirotv.com

PUYALLUP, Washington - The battery was dead, the gas tank was empty and it's covered in fingerprint powder, but other than that, a 1965 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray is in excellent condition after being stolen from a Puyallup warehouse, along with a 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS, last week.

"I didn't think I'd get any of them back, and I got both of them back, so I got to credit these guys, man," said Gary Rucci, the cars' owner.

Full Story: Police recover rare Corvette, Chevelle stolen last week | www.kirotv.com

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom