Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rare81 is headin to Texas

BLACKDOG

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
Black 1980 LG4 / Crystal Red '08
to all you L81ers here ... this'll probably hit the airwaves pretty quick, but you're getting it first ... Rare81 (Bud) and his wife Nancy are pulling up stakes here in California and moving to Amarillo Texas. Bud is the backbone of your Registry and has been one helluva great friend to me, as well as many others in California and throughout the CAC. Lattes at Starbucks and golf will never be quite the same again. The 2 runs we made across the country to BG will never be matched again in this lifetime. Without you, it never woulda happened. Thanks for all the comraderie and all the help working on the DoG over the last 7 years. You definitely are a Rare one. The DawG wishes you and Nanc the best :BOW :pat :m :cry ... always.

Ah Shucks BLACKDOG (Jeff) :eek:

It's been quite a run here in California these past 19 years or so, Nanc and I have enjoyed "most" of it ;LOL

The L81Registry is nothing without the membership and the work of Tim Gedmeyer (our webmaster), Tim is the magic behind our website, I'm just the guy that pulls the curtian back at show time ;)

I did see one 1981 Corvette in Amarillo, but we were riding around with a realtor, so I didn't have a chance to talk to the driver :( ... we have a few L81'ers in Texas, I hope to meet a few them along with ANY other Corvette owners ;)

Yoda :w
Bud

I hope I’m not the reason that Bud & Nanc are leaving. I just met them a couple of months ago at a get together that Bud set up in Manteca. What a group they pulled in. I know I don’t have a C3 but come on it’s still a Vette. We will miss you, :cry but at least the :CAC is without boarders. Good luck Bud and Nanc.

Did I see on The Weather Channel today that Amarillo, TX was getting 12"-14" of...dare I say it?...snow! :eek You sure this is what you want, Bud? ;)
Heidi

Great news Bud! :upthumbs

Don't worry about the snow... remember you can always come by and stay with us in Dallas when ever you want. :L

Until later... Brian :w

Bud, you did all the work starting the Registry and building the original member base. I just took your work and presented it to the web! Halfway to NY Bud! So how are you getting the 'vette to Texas?

-Tim

Bud and Nancy,

Congratulations on your move! You will be closer to Chicago! :)
I should be able to visit you. ;)
I have never been in Texas. So I guess this will give me a great excuse to get there! :)
When will you be making this move? Make sure Rare has a comfortable ride! :L

Save The Wave!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes..

Rare will get a break on this trip, I will be trailering her to her new home ;) She's made 3 cross country passes in the last 4 years so I'm going to give the ole girl a ride.

We close on our new home April 29th. We probably will move around that time or sometime in May. Now that we've DONE the deed, we are feeling no remorse, but we are a little sentimental about it. We built our home here in Modesto in 1989 and have done a lot of work and have a beautiful patio and great neighbors and beginning to get the "Posse" organized. Leaving our new found Corvette Friends will be hard, they are a great bunch with beautiful cars.

But Life goes on and leaving California at this stage in our life, just seems like the right thing to do.

Here is our new digs in Amarillo, Texas... y'all come and visit ya hear ;)

Bud

good luck Bud and Nanc,hope you enjoy texas:beer

Hey Rare, sure hope you and Nancy enjoy your new digs.;-) gee, now you are only about a 16 hour drive from us here in SC. Might just have to look you up the next time we are in that area. Which may be around the end of Nov. I am giving you fair warning on this one.

Moving is hard only because of leaving good friends and great neighbors. But I know of alot of great corvette people in Texas and a great person in Louisana.

Wishing you luck and happiness in your new home.
Bev./Princess

Bud, Good luck wih the move! My guess is your about 48 hours closer to Bowling Green now! And your closer to my little section of the mid-west! I'm thinking its your turn to buy breakfest the next time we get together! Be safe and remember to Wave down in Texas:w :beer

Zane

Bud!

Welcome to the neighborhood. We're now just 6 hours away. Not Bad!! Last time I went through there was last September on my way to Sheppard. About 6 hours from I'llbequaky (Albuquerque). That's a 12 hour savings!

I am glad that you and your wife have reached this milestone. We all look forward to retirement, and now that you're there, surely is great that your hopes have materialized.

Don't forget to have fun....what am I saying? :ugh ..you and Dawg are the epitome of fun. :L

GerryLP:cool

Thanks everyone, Grizz, LT, Princess, Zane and, and thanks :eek:

:w Gerry, Somewhere along the line of moving vehicles and home "Stuff" we'll hook up and you can finally get that 81L paint I promised you ;) It might have to be a quick stop.

I'll contact you as the time gets closers ;) Roxie will love the new laq. paint :D

Bud

Bud, the house is beautiful! Congratulations.

I just checked Mapquest. Amarillo to Bowling Green is a mere 1000 miles.
I know you probably won't be finished unpacking, and might be a bit saddle-sore from the long haul from CA, but... if you decide to pilgrimage further east, we would be really honored :)

Tammy

Rare81 said:
...:w Gerry, Somewhere along the line of moving vehicles and home "Stuff" we'll hook up and you can finally get that 81L paint I promised you ;) It might have to be a quick stop.

I'll contact you as the time gets closers ;) Roxie will love the new laq. paint :D

Bud

That's awesome! Thanks Bud! I hope we can have you both over for dinner. I am sure that Gail will love the new paint. Has Rare been visiting some other female Vette?....;LOL

GerryLP:cool

Only 368.04 miles straight (almosty) west on I40! :beer

Congratulations on your new digs Bud. Don't forget to make sure your home air conditioner is working good, and soon! :L

If you and Nanc ever swing through T-Town give a holler, ya hear! :w

Congratulations, Bud! Although I'm sorry your potential Colorado destination lost out to Amarillo, I'm sure you'll enjoy Texas.

So, ah, when's the housewarming party? I imagine you'll make quite an impression on your new neighbors when several hundred Corvettes show up outside your new house, demanding barbecue! :L

-Patrick

Bud,

Welcome to Texas! I'm sure you'll enjoy it! You'll still be all the way across the state from me, but if you ever decide to visit the Gulf Coast in this area please do stop by. I haven't been to Amarillo since 1972. ;) The house is beautiful. Good luck on the move! I just checked mapquest and it's about 656 miles from Lumberton to Amarillo. :) Our best to you and Nanc! :w

Bud.... get a line on the local golf courses and when you have that first BBQ it looks like the traveling CAC BBQ chef may just have to see if UAL flys into Amarillo. I can't imagine what a "Tex-esdo" accent will sound like. Congrats my old friend. Looks like there will be no more Morro Bay rendezvous dinners. Drive safe, move safe and let us all know when you and Nancy have arrived safely.

best regards............ Nut

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom