Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rattly front pads

M

Markuk

Anyone have any good tips to stop disc pad rattle, apart from bending the small springs every few hundred miles, I can not find any threads on the subject so is it just me because it seems every C4 I have ever had has always suffered pad rattle.

I know this NOT going to be the answer you want but... I'd leave the pads alone and let them make noise. For one, you'll know the calipers are not sticking. The pads are off the discs because you can hear the noise when brakes are applied. There is less "forced friction" to the pads to wear down (without brake apply)....thus, the discs stay cooler, and the pads last longer. The pads will have a tendency to float and find "home" easier as you apply the brakes. In other words, let 'em rattle.
This is one opinion. Wait for other threads to help you with your question.

Our roads are poor, so can you imagine driving along in your pride and joy and every 10 / 20 yards you get this loud almost on some roads continua’s rattle, I have a straight thru system and the rattle can be heard over that. It really bugs me I even put in new pads to try and stop it but that lasted about 300 miles, its not when I break in fact sometimes I break lightly to stop the embarrassing rattle.

A thought

You could get the Mid America 1965-82 Anti squeek insulators and trim them for your pads.

Part# 602-722

$9.99 for 8 stickers... deal huh?!

Vig!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom