Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Really, floor mats slip.

Norseman

Corvette
2006 Blue Z51 Coupe/2004 STi for the snow.
I just discovered that the floor mat retainers on my 2006 Z51, were only used for two years and then they were replaced; which doesn't suprise me because they sucked. My mats keep sliding up under my pedals and it's getting dangerous. Does anyone know a fix for the retainers used to keep the mats in place, as the original ones, ( the ones with the cheep plastic nipples/posts), are no longer available.:W

007 has 2 posts in the carpeting and my mats have a plastic retainer that slips over the post....not sure what yours actually look like.

Mine are plastic too, there were two on the driver side and only one on the passenger side. I had my car washed in a place in Glenview or maybe it was Niles and the Mexicans just ripped the mats out so they could wash them, well after a couple of times the plastic nipples just broke off and replacements are no longer available. That's a part that should have been readily available due to it's poor expected lifetime.:W

Not 100% positive, but I think the carpet has to be replaced to fix them......:ugh

Last edited:
On my 007, the little 'nubs' so a good job of holding the mats in place. I bought Lloyd mats and they have a plastic piece mounted on under side the slips over the 'nubs'....works great! Maybe I'm lucky. ;shrug

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom