Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rear ABS Sensor - Connector type or P/N Info?

jraymond

Corvette
1990 ZR1, 1991 Z07
Since these rear ABS wheel speed sensors are getting as rare as hens teeth to get, I'm trying to source the white 2-pin connector on the end of the speed sensor pigtail. I can see an H7 in a circle on the connector, but that's all. Trying to source a place to buy a few new ones, since removing the ABS sensors from the wiring harness almost ALWAYS ends up with that connector cracking/breaking after being exposed to the elements for 25+ years.

I've looked in the wiring diagrams for the Factory Service Manual and have no reference in there either. Is there something the Corvette Action Center might have from GM on the specs for the car? TIA

ACDelco 13586114 - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing

When splicing your connectors on the body side wiresif they are black you need to keep cutting back until your reach clean copper

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Body side connectors aren't the problem. The pigtail goes over/around the body side connectors, and has a notch on it to keep the connector in place. It means you have to pry the connector apart...and the plastic breaks 9 times out of 10.

So if the clip breaks off don't you need to replace the connector?

So if the clip breaks off don't you need to replace the connector?

The "clip" is a barrel that slips around the plug on the wiring harness side. The "clip" is the connector on the pigtail coming from the ABS sensor itself...

And I was an electronics tech in the USAF for 10 years...I know about looking for clean wire when replacing connectors. ;-)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom