Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rear Differential Brands

B

Bernard

What is the specified Brand / weight/amounts for changing rear differential oil? Iam new here, just got an 80 L-48 also what antifreeze and amounts? are recommended, is there a standard chart on fluid amounts and recommended Brands? Thanks

Rear end fluid- add 2 GM# 1052358 and fill till full with GM# 1052271.you will need 3 of the 1052271.
Anti freeze- if the system is completely empty,block drained etc.
2 gallons of good name brand antifreeze and fill with water.
welcome to CAC.

Dave

I was under the impression that you only needed 1 bottle of differential additive. That is all I ordered for the diff in my 77 which is being rebuilt right now. Should I add another before I install it?

Russ

the GM additive-1052358 is a 4 oz. bottle.The posi oil,1052358 comes in 23 oz. bottle.

dave

My vette mechanic always uses 2 bottles of the additive in all rear end services.You will be ok with just 1.

Dave

I got the 4 oz bottle from Tom's differential. They say 1 is enough but I guess I'll see. If I have any chatter I'll just add another :)

Russ

good idea russ.most vette rears are a little noisy. won't hurt to add another.

dave

It depends which grease I am using. If I use good brand name grease approved for posi I use one bottle. If I use "out of the barrel" grease I use two.
Mike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom