Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

rear end help needed

Looking good in the neighboorhood...... Installed the 8 inch bolts and adjusted them to get the correct diamentions for ride height & etc. Thanks for all the help.
When all was done -- I would say the new spring ARCH was about 1 1/4 inch too much and the spring RATE was not the stock 196 in-lbs. but more like 240 in-lbs. Not a real good match for somthing that was supose to be a stock replacement on a 74. Then again they have the same spring for some 10+ years of cars. The ride it generates is just fine and the handling is very accepable for my type of driving. The best part of this was the testing phase-- where I would go to the streets to settle the suspention. The exhaust was in the way so I didn't install till I was all done. Getting on the gas to get the weight to transfer to the back was very exciting. That big engine can rattle a few windows. Took 40 years off my life, felt like I was back in high school. The neighboors are happy I am done with the testing. Side pipes have never been on my agenda but might find them selves on the list next year. For now it is on to the interior for the rest of the winter. It is getting to cold to be on the floor of the garage.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom