Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

rear end noise

daking

Corvette
06 Zo6 silver
I just wanted to post something about rear ed "noises" or chatter. Just before I put the car up (06Z)I had the differential fluid flushed and changed, I had it done about 7mos ago and it was mostly quiet for the summer when temp dropped it was more noticable, anyway I had them put in the new lube which is called DEXRON ,did a bunch of figure 8s and the noise, plate chatter ,was gone even in the colder temps. The other alternative is repacking or changing of the plates which I really didn't want to do. just athought for others who I'm sure have this problem:upthumbs

I have the same problem. The noise occassionally comes back and goes away with some tight turns. What I want to know is if this is an indication of permanent damage to the plates and should they be replaced now rather than later.
Tony

that I don't know, somebody on this forum should I imagine. .....sure as hell sounds like something is bad though !.....lol

I've seen those before on that "other"forum......corvette forum

My '06 was serviced twice for the rear end noise. I'm not sure whether I have the new DEXRON in it now or not but it's not making any noise now. My '08 isn't making any noise and it's an early production car.

I still hear about '06s having the noise and some '07s. A lady I know at work bought an '06 Z51 car recently and heard the rear end noise. Guess the previous owner either didn't hear it or didn't care. She's taking the car to the dealer for the DEXRON treatment.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom