Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

REAR END NUMBERS ON C6s

W

wwr

Can you order another rear end than the standard on the C6?
How about F55 MSRC, is this necessary with base car? I read recently it helps all but I'm not sure.

Thanks,
wwr

When I ordered mine last year, there was a $400 option for a 3.15 performance ratio. I did not get it because I felt the gas mileage would be a little better with the standard. :)

wwr said:
How about F55 MSRC, is this necessary with base car? I read recently it helps all but I'm not sure.
wwr

MSRC - MagRide - gives you the option of a very smooth ride or a much firmer ride at the turn of a switch.
In Tour mode, the Mag Ride shocks really smooth out the ride over rough roads.
In Sport mode, the Mag Ride shocks adjust to a much stiffer, wheel control, mode and make the car feel more like a Z51 car but with the base springs and anti-roll bars.
It ain't cheap though.

Our 03 has MagRide and we love it.

Tuna said:
MSRC - MagRide - gives you the option of a very smooth ride or a much firmer ride at the turn of a switch.
In Tour mode, the Mag Ride shocks really smooth out the ride over rough roads.
In Sport mode, the Mag Ride shocks adjust to a much stiffer, wheel control, mode and make the car feel more like a Z51 car but with the base springs and anti-roll bars.
It ain't cheap though.

Our 03 has MagRide and we love it.

Maybe its just me, but with nearly 1500 miles logged so far in all types of conditions, try as I may, I cannot feel any difference between the two settings?
My question...Is there a way to know while driving if indeed this expensive option is actually doing what was intended?
Joe

Billybeau1 said:
When I ordered mine last year, there was a $400 option for a 3.15 performance ratio. I did not get it because I felt the gas mileage would be a little better with the standard. :)

I must be gullible, I recall the salesman telling me mileage would imprrove with the optional 3.15 ratio rear end?
Joe

timetovette said:
I must be gullible, I recall the salesman telling me mileage would imprrove with the optional 3.15 ratio rear end?
Joe

Well I'm no expert by any means but if the standard gear ratio is 2.73 and the optional is 3.15 then the smaller gear would get better mileage. Or am I looking at this backwards. I'm sure an expert will chime in and straighten me out.

And for what its worth, I dont feel any differance in my mag ride settings either. I thought maybe it wasnt working. Maybe its not :confused

Billybeau1 said:
Well I'm no expert by any means but if the standard gear ratio is 2.73 and the optional is 3.15 then the smaller gear would get better mileage. Or am I looking at this backwards. I'm sure an expert will chime in and straighten me out.

And for what its worth, I dont feel any differance in my mag ride settings either. I thought maybe it wasnt working. Maybe its not :confused

The 2.73 should provide better gas mileage than the 3.15 as the RPM at speed will be less with the 2.73 and, therefore, using less gas.

As for the Mag Ride differences, I have not been in a C6 with Mag Ride yet so I don't know if GM has changed the programming between the setting on the C6 or not. However, my 03 with Mag Ride gives a very different ride when the modes are switched. What is your ride like? Smooth or Stiff?

Smooth as a babys bottom. Excellent ride :)

That's good to hear - better smooth than rough.

I've got to try one out - maybe GM has brought the 2 setting closer together than they first did with the 03 version. Not sure I'd want it if I can't feel the difference though.

I need input from more C6'ers on this.

Tuna said:
That's good to hear - better smooth than rough.

I've got to try one out - maybe GM has brought the 2 setting closer together than they first did with the 03 version. Not sure I'd want it if I can't feel the difference though.

I need input from more C6'ers on this.

Well I have the Z51 option on my C6, very bumpy and rough, but I like it that way.;)
Ive ridden in a vette that had Mag ride, my brothers, and I couldnt feel the difference. Dont remember which year vette is was. He use to get one every couple of years. It wasnt a C6 though.
Go on one stretch of road/very bumpy stretch, short distance, and drive the same part with one mode, then do it again with another mode. Same bumpy stretch. Or pick a pothole and try it. May have to get an allignment afterwards though. lol
Teresa

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom