Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rear Hatch Louver

milehigreg

Corvette
1989 Dark Red Coupe
I just bought a set of chrome ZR-1 wheels with Goodyear GS-Cs. Man, those things really pop!:D

My question though is about louvers for the rear hatch. I searched the site and have done a search on the WEB and come up with very little. Anybody have any info on a manufacturer/supplier? Who has experience with them? Can you see out the back with one installed?

had em on my 84 pontiac trans-am...interior much, much cooler...rear view no problem...lifting em up to wash under a big pita....eons ago ecklers had em, dont think they still list em but might still have on shelf, my t-a ones were made by cragar but that was dark ages

I too remember when Ecklers still sold them, years ago. I don't think anyone makes them anymore. I agree they help to keep the car cool inside, but most people just tint their window now. Maybe you can find them on ebay.

milehigreg said:
I just bought a set of chrome ZR-1 wheels with Goodyear GS-Cs. Man, those things really pop!:D

My question though is about louvers for the rear hatch. I searched the site and have done a search on the WEB and come up with very little. Anybody have any info on a manufacturer/supplier? Who has experience with them? Can you see out the back with one installed?

If you go to ebay right away and search on Corvette louvers, their is set for an 78-82 that has the name of a company that sells louvers. Check out their web site for C4 louvers.

LannyL81

No Louvers

Decided against the louvers. I already knew of a company that makes them new but they cost $269. Also, it's a three piece set up and I'm not convinced that it will provide good visibility. I will go with tint as long as I can find a pre-cut piece from 3M.

milehigreg said:
Decided against the louvers. I already knew of a company that makes them new but they cost $269. Also, it's a three piece set up and I'm not convinced that it will provide good visibility. I will go with tint as long as I can find a pre-cut piece from 3M.

Check around for a tint shop that will do the rear window in one solid piece. The place that did mine, removed the rear window and used one piece. No seams and it's still looking good almost 4 years later...

just my 02

I bought my car with louvers already installed and removed them shortly after because of the poor vis and the fact it just made the car look dated. I liked them in the eighties but not so much anymore. Another downfall is that my rear window has mineral spots because it must have been too inconvienient for the previous owner to unlock them and dry the glass after washing. The rest of the glass is spotless.

I frequently see them at swap meets. Last year there a bunch at Carlisle.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom