Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rear ride hight

greenstingray

Corvette
1985 z51 coupe, 1969 green convertible
Having a problem with my 69 convertible, changed front springs, ride hight even, changed rear spring, shock mounts,
bushings bolts etc. The rear is higher on the passenger side by about an inch. I also changed the drive side trailing arm because i could not get the car aligned. Turns out the spindel was bent. I have a feeling that the right side trailing arm may be bent. Any way of telling if this is so without removing the entire arm??

could be rear spring not centered. bought my sus kit from zip, tim kromer at zip warned me about this. i was told the rear spring had to be centered or the car would lean. new at this myself but hope this helps you. you could give them a call i am sure tim would help you out. he is a really nice guy. robert

Rear Ride Height

Hey! I had the same problem on mine. It is hard NOT to center the rear spring because of the centering boltthat lines up the leafs...it fits into a notch in the differential. I used the adjustable bolts at the ends of the springs. I have mine adjusted to that there is 28" from the ground to the lip of the fender, measuring across the center of the wheel. I hope that helps....

Re: Rear Ride Height

Eric 70 said:
Hey! I had the same problem on mine. It is hard NOT to center the rear spring because of the centering boltthat lines up the leafs...it fits into a notch in the differential. I used the adjustable bolts at the ends of the springs. I have mine adjusted to that there is 28" from the ground to the lip of the fender, measuring across the center of the wheel. I hope that helps....

'Thanks for the info I will try to tighten the passenger side link bolt, and maybe losen the driver side. Just as an update to this I changed the rear shocks to gas shocks. This help a little bit. The drive side measures just a hare over 28 inches while the passenger side is just 29 inches.
Does vendor make a longer bolt? Thanks again J.R.'

They do make adjustable bolts!

All of the vendors carry adjustable bolts for this , and they eliminate the cotter pin bolt/ nut setup that you are probably using. They have self locking nuts.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom