Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Warning! Rear Rim Cracked at Bead....

silentservice703

Corvette
2019 ZR1 Sebring Orange Convertible 7-speed.
:mad I picked up a roofing nail in my stock tires, so with 10,000 or so miles I decided to switch all four to the Michelin Pilot Super Sport AS3+.

While the tire shop was preparing to change the right rear, they noticed a 1" crack in the bead area.

Apparently there are several Class Action Lawsuits in the works for this issue. (Z06, Grans Sport)

Has anyone successfully recovered the cost for a new rim?

IMG_1184.JPGIMG_1185.JPGIMG_1186.JPG

GOOD LUCK ! You would think that the B2B warranty would cover it. As far as I know when I checked with my local chevy dealer they told me No, that wheels are not covered because of road hazard and are treated like wear items. You might try calling GM Customer Service and submit a claim, but I was also told not to waste my time. :hb

That crack is from hitting something ,You can see the bruise on the tire rim protector!

Regardless of the cause, if you do a bit of a web search, it seems the rears are not up to the task for which they are applied.

Would anyone be satisfied with brakes that would not haul the car down from speed?

Why accept that a $140,000.00 car has wheels that cannot be driven on US roads without putting the car, and your life, at risk?

It is only the rears that do this, and there are aftermarket options that do not crack, or bend, in normal use.

GOOD LUCK ! You would think that the B2B warranty would cover it. As far as I know when I checked with my local chevy dealer they told me No, that wheels are not covered because of road hazard and are treated like wear items. You might try calling GM Customer Service and submit a claim, but I was also told not to waste my time. :hb

This! You may as well bite the bullet and buy some good quality aftermarket to solve the problem.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom