Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rear Sidemarker Glass

Corvette
1982 Collector Edition
Does anyone have an extra set of red sidemarkers for the 82's, or just the glass part, they dont need ?

I am looking for cheap (ie. no cost, shipping only, $5 kinda thing) to have an extra set to be able to paint those black. Dont want to spend $25 a side when all i need is the glass and will paint it black anyway.. Doesnt matter if it's scratched.

I need to do something in the future that requires them to be blacked out to pass inspection (Story will come soon, promise)...

Tia!!

:w
-Stefan

Stefan,could you make something, that would accommodate what you are looking for??????

I was thinking that Bill, but "they" are very picky (They actually want me to take the original out and paint it black. :eek).. Cant be anything other then "glass", ie. the lens cover.. Good thought though!

how about if you were to get a piece of plastic similar to the lites at Lowes or Home Depot,cut it drill it for the mounting holes and paint it I would think that would be about your only solution short of buying new ones for what you want to do.

good luck

I was thinking that Bill, but "they" are very picky (They actually want me to take the original out and paint it black. :eek).. Cant be anything other then "glass", ie. the lens cover.. Good thought though!
They haven't been glass in years!!!!In fact I don't think there as ever been any Glass lenses on auto's since the 50's except Headlamps!!!! Get some Black Shrink wrap,Pull the unit and wrap it,Shrink it,and put it back in!!! When your done unwrap it!!!:upthumbs

Black Shrink Wrap: :duh

Great Idea Junk !! travels light, and goes away after it's done.. I'll do that!
;worship

Thanks for the ideas Guys!! :upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom