Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rear Spoilers

Corvette
2017 Arctic White Grand Sport
I've got a 2006 Velocity Yellow convertible and am looking to add a rear spoiler. I've been looking at the ZR1 spoiler and the GM spoiler. If I had the coupe, I think the ZR1 spoiler would be a no-brainer. The way the "notch" lines up with the trunk lines and the lines of the rear glass looks very good. I haven't seen one on a convertible so I'm not sure it will have the same effect.

This is the other spoiler I'm looking at.

e8eruryh.jpg

I'm also in a quandary about whether to match the paint or get a black one.

What have some of you done? Do you have a brand and/or vendor you would recommend?

The one pictured is a "Ron Fellows" Z06 spoiler. I had one on my '08 vert body colored. I think it went well with the Vert. Now I have the 60th 427 Vert with the ZR1 style spoiler and it looks great on the Vert also. Tough call.

Body color or black - another tough call but I'd probably go with painting it body color it I was doing it again.

I'm leaning toward the ZR1 spoiler and in the correct body color. It's an expensive piece. Any vendor in particular and/or manufacturer? I've been looking at one at West Coast Corvettes, a reproduction made of ABS plastic.

Thanks for the picture Pete.

Last edited:
Ecklers has 2 versions of the ZR1 style spoiler - 699.99 painted or 469.99 painted. I think the first is the factory spoiler and the second is a repro.

Mid-America has the ZR1 style and the Ron Fellow style. Factory ZR1 painted 899 and repro painted for 429 or primer for 299. Ron Fellows style 369 primer and 399 painted.

I've had the full width GM color matched spoiler on our GS Vert since two weeks after taking delivery and never looked back. See pictures in my garage!

Here's my '08 vert with the full span (Ron Fellows) spoiler. I think it was $400 painted through the dealer parts department and I ordered it with the Vette back in 2007. The dealer installed it before I ever saw the car.

TSport08-06.jpg

Here's my '13 427 vert - they all have the ZR1 style spoiler.

PAbeach03.jpg

Last edited:
I bought the ZR1 spoiler and put it on my GS coupe I painted it semi-gloss black.

Bob,

Who did you buy from? I must admit the stock one that came with my car isn't much of a spoiler.

Purchased the ZR1 " replica "painted from RPI...Looks good to me ...Need to be put on and I'm good...:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom