Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rear Strut Rods

Corvette
1972 White Coupe
My rear strut rods have worn bushing and I need to replace them. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the strut rods for sale by the different vendors. I know Mid-America has several sets as well as VB&Ps. I just need a standard set, but I noticed the GM versions are twice as much as the reproduction ones.

I am trying to figure out if I should buy the heavy duty strut rods which are more expensive, or if I wouldn't even be able to tell the difference between a normal reproduction set.

I am asking because I got burned buying a cheap steel monospring, which has subsequently almost broke the mount on my trailing arm. I have now recently bought a composite monospring from VB&Ps.

Also, I would just as soon buy from Vette Brakes, since they are a supporting sponser. Any feedback is appreciated.

Matt

just installed new rods on my 81. bought from the last detail corvette parts in atlanta. look just like originals. (had to paint). They were $42 each. Bushings are about $15 to $20 (X 4), so it's an easy choice for me. I think the ones for earlier cars are less.

Matt,
The heavy duty strut rods will bind in the bearing supports unless you do some grinding. I sell the strut rod bushings for $12 each and the correct reproduction strut rods for $38 ea.
Mike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom