Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rear Sway bar

I

ibanezplayer

I just purchased a max performance suspension kit from Ecklers, and I was wondering where the rear sway bar mounts and if you have to drill the cross member, to bolt on the bars that connect it to the monospring, pictures, comments, all is appreciated, thanks.

Didn't they include an instruction sheet? I guess they don't send one with jewelry and T-shirts, but you'd think they would with a suspension kit :eyerole . Does the kit include a larger front stabilizer bar?
:beer

Yes it does, can't say that the jewelry does though.

Rear sway bar

I got a VBP sway bar kit for the front and rear of my '79. The front is easy, just take the old one off. The rear, (on mine) has holes in the frame and t/a's for the sway bar back there. I have the back end of mine apart, and will put the sway bar in when the car goes back together. Looks pretty much straight forward job.

Yeah I got the monster one from VBP....aside from

the little plate thingies the ends go on instead of the weird link arrangement the original coat hanger thickness rear one had, I had no problems. I don't remember if I had to enlarge or move any holes for the center two mounts or not - I know I went with the biggest they made, larger than the one in the kits.

I think it is 0.875" (7/8") - and the front is 1.25". I thought all these beasties came with SOME rear sway bar. Mine was certainly the weakest, worse handling, heaviest, least desirable of any vette ever made and it had one (if you wanted to be kind and call it that.)

the rear sway bar that I got in the kit from Ecklers had instructions. there is holes already drilled into the rear of the A-Arms that the flat plate goes into. also in the kit there was U-Bolts and straight bolts, there is an slot shaped hole in the frame and 2 round holes in front of the slot, (mine were threaded)that the u-bolt slides up into,the rear most part of the "U" will stickout down from the rear slot. also on my 75 there was 2 predrilled and threaded holes for the straight bolts,these are what I used. I didnt use the "U" bolt.

Opps forgot to tell ya I also have a 75 Vert. and there was just the base suspension with no rear sway bar.
your gonna love the new suspension once ya get it installed.:Steer :Steer

Oh gawd yes! Like night and day.... wait till you

swap the front to the transverse spring thingy and the rear to the dual mount spring too....

Just stunning handling - never driven any car, rental or otherwise, as rock solid.

I really can't wait to see what happens when I get some stiff sidewalled 17" wheels on there....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom