Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Rear Tires Wanted

Corvette
'13 427 60th vert - '21 Silver Flare Coupe - CTS V Wagon(4-door Vette)
Howdy,
My '13 427 Vert is in need of new tires and I'm not finding any Michelins to buy for the rear.
I'm looking for the Michelin Pilot Super Sport ZP or the PS2 ZP but not finding any for the rear.
I can get Super Sport tires for the front but not the rear.

The 427 vert uses the same tire sizes as the C6 ZR1, C6 ZO6/O7 and the C7 ZO6: i.e.: 285/30/19 front and 335/25/20 rear
I checked with my local Chevy dealer, Discount Tire and Tire Rack and all say the rear tire is on back order or not available.
Not good.

Is Michelin sending all 335/25/20 tires to Bowling Green for C7 ZO6 production?

Is there somewhere else I need to look?

Man it looks like they are having a hard time keeping up with production.

That about sums it up.
Maybe I should drive to Bowling Green and take a set of Z06 tires when they're not looking.

Finally got a full set of tires for my '13 427 vert - TireRack received a shipment of the rear tires late last week.
Took the Vette and the tires to my dealer this morning and they are still trying to get the new tires mounted. Seems the rear tires are driving them crazy.
They gave me a loaner car because it looks like it will be tomorrow before they get them finished.

Oh Well.

A month out? ....well, at least you got them. Your tire dealer is having trouble putting them on the wheels? Man, this has been a real ordeal for you.

Goodyear used to have a problem keeping up with performance tires to replace their OEM GM applications too. I remember period issues for the Vettes back in the , my Typhoon, and others.

Late yesterday, my dealer called to let me know that they found the proper guidance and/or tools to get the rear tires to pop into place on the rims.
The 25% profile run flat seems to be very hard to get to seat as I understand.
Their supposed to call this morning when they are happy with everything. And, it's raining in Oklahoma again. I'll get to test the new tires in the rain.

GM uses the same tires I need for my 427 Vert on the new C7 ZO6 and it appears Michelin can't keep up with demand for the rear tires. You'd think all us ZR1, ZO6/7 and 427 vert drivers burn them up faster than Michelin planned.

All I can say is if you own a C6 ZR1, ZO6/ZO7, or 427 Vert, get your replacement tires orders in early.

We have the same size tires and when I switched back to the Cup tires from the PS2s I used for Caravan, the tire shop had the same problem.

In fact, the inside of my wheels ended up getting scratched by the devices which attempt to hold the wheel stationary as the machine tries to pull the outer bead of the tire over the edge of the rim. The problem is that the tires are so large and, because they're an RFT, so stiff.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom