Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rear View Mirror Sloppy

C

CAJUN C4

Any Ideas on how to tighten up my 95's Rear View Mirror's Ball & Socket,Falls when I hit a big bump.

Loose rear view mirror

There's a bolt, torx I think, that is really difficult to see. Has to be really tight. Then mirror won't drop when hitting a bump but adjustment is difficult. I'm the only driver so don't mind the tightness.
Good luck

Do I need to take the mirror off or can I tighten it in the car.?

Loose mirror

The mirror should stay in the car. Mine was loose in the block that attaches to the window, not the mirror end. Hope this helps

Mine kept loosening up so I pt a split/lock washer in there to provide some extra help. No problems since.

Cajun, IF you need a new one, I have my original that I can send you for free, if you pay shipping. I replaced mine with a wired auto-dimmer. My original still has all the wires, the lights work, etc AND it was tight as can be.

Paul

Cajun, IF you need a new one, I have my original that I can send you for free, if you pay shipping. I replaced mine with a wired auto-dimmer. My original still has all the wires, the lights work, etc AND it was tight as can be.

Paul

Paul...Thanx so much..You have a PM

Dennis

I gotta go out now. Call me on my cell that I just PM'd to you.

Paul

You put it betwen the Ball & Shaft?

No, I removed the retaining screw and put it on there first, then tightened the screw. The lock washer kept the screw from constantly loosening up.
Versteh?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom