Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

rear view mirror

BlueMan

Corvette
1999 Nassau Blue
Has any one swapped out the stock C5 rear view mirror with an autodimming/homelink/compass mirror?

Is it as simple as mounting and plugging the new mirror in to the existing power at the mirror?

Yes I have in fact I just did this a few days ago. The mirror I got doesnt have the compass or the home link though. You will have to rewire the mirror because the old style mirror had a 4 wire plug and the new one had a 7 wire plug. If you purchased your new mirror from a vendor they usually include a harness that does the conversion for you. I got mine second had from an 03 Z so I had to rewire it. Directions on how-to are here.

Thanks for the info on the mirror swap. I'll probably need to run a new feed to the fuse box if I want to have the homelink capability.

Nice Color on that C5 :beer

I want to do this too, I want the home link, compass, interior dome lights and the orange flood light that lights up the console area. Can I retro-fit one that has all this with the original wire harness plug and etc. I have seen this aftermarket but does not have the orange flood and comes with the outside temperature which I really don't want, I have this on the AC/Htr control now from the factory. I guess what I would like to know is can I get this as a GM part number with all the things that I want? I would like to stay OEM if possible, and it would be nice to have a plug and play installation, again is this possible?

Thanks, and I appreciate any guidness that anyone can give me, part numbers, pictures, diagrams and etc would also be awesome!!!!
Bill

Very interesting for sure, I too have looked for this but I would like to stay as close to the OEM mirror as possible. Will the newer Corvette/GM mirrors with these options interechage wiring wise with my 2000 OEM harness & plug is what I need to find out.

Thanks,
Bill :w

I personally don't know; but read somewhere that in either 2003 or 2004 the C5 mirror electricel connector changed.

SELF DIMMING MIRROR

Has any one swapped out the stock C5 rear view mirror with an autodimming/homelink/compass mirror?

Is it as simple as mounting and plugging the new mirror in to the existing power at the mirror?

It's easy to install except, the connector is completely different. You need to purchase the connector and rewire it properly.

Silverstreak

It's easy to install except, the connector is completely different. You need to purchase the connector and rewire it properly.

Silverstreak

Will I have to run a whole new wiring harness from below ;shrug to above the mirror or will I just be able to change the plug itself or do you know?

Thanks, I have searched the internet but can't seem to find this out for sure.

Bill :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom