Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rear Window Louvers

V

vettedebbie

Does anyone have any idea where I can possible purchase a set of louvers for my rear window. I say a vette this weekend with them and thought it looked pretty slick. Just wanted to see what they cost and whats available. Any information would be appreciated...:s

Lookin for louvers ??...in all the wrong places ?

vettedebbie ~ check out a post on Corvetteforum by catfishjack on 2/21, in the c3 ? Gawd..how did I forget already ?? There is also a link to some on ebay, but I don't know if they are still up for sale or not.
Hope it helps you out or gives you some leads to follow. :D

The DoG

Vettedebbie,
Http//Corvetteforum.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/021323.html
This is the post Blackdog is talking about.

HI VETTEDEBBIE.THESE THINGS HAVE GOTTEN,VERY POPULAR JUST IN THE LAST 4 WEEKS, OR SO IT SEEMS!! YOU CAN FIND THEM BY WATCHING ALL THE FOURM SITES OR POST WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR. RESPONSES YOU'LL GET!! OR! YOU CAN BUY THEM NEW IN EITHER ALUMINUM OR PLASTIC; ONE PIECE OR THREE DEPENDING ON YOUR APPLICATION AND YEAR VETTE! TRY THIS WEB SITE:WWW.ECAUTOMOTIVE.COM LOOK UNDER EXTERIOR ACCESSORIES. IT HAS SOME OF THE PRICES BUT YOU CAN GET ALL OF THEM BY STOPPING AT YOUR LOCAL SPEED SHOP!! GOING TO PUT THEM ON MY 79 (THREE PIECE). PAINTING THEM RED TO MATCH THE CAR. GOT TO LOOK GREAT!!! HOPE THIS HELPS. E-MAIL ME IF YOU NEED MORE INFO. JCL PS THE MANUFACTURES NAME IS ASTRA HAMMOND OUT OF CANADA SOMEWHERE!!

rear window louvers

Pleaseeeeeeeeee..take a picture of these so I can see them!!
I want a pair but I hate to buy a" pig in a poke" by ordering them and not really seeeing them on someone's vet!!
Thanks
Catfish Jack

"LOUVERS ARE TOO COOL"

CATFISHJACK. CAN'T SEND PICTURES YET, BUT CHECK THIS WEB SITE. WWW.SHARKWERKES.COM/SHARKTANK/FAMOUS/GWTURBO.JPG ALSO ON THE CORVETTEFORUM SITE GO BACK ABOUT 20-30 DAYS ON THE 68 TO 82 VETTE CATAGORIES . THERE WERE A RAFT OF INQUIRES. IF YOU NEED MORE E-MAIL ME . JCL :cool:

rear window louvers

Thanks..Those thread's on the corvette forum were initiated by me. I really want a set of these. In that pic is that a one pice or a three piece set??

louvers

My wife had the three piece set on her '81 for a few years when it was new. The center hinged up to clean the window and the sides were stuck on with a 2 sided tape. After the hinges broke we took them off. I can still see a difference in the color of the glass where the side pieces were glued on. Like it turned the glass darker or the glass faded where it wasn't covered. They did look nice though.
Tom
p.s. Welcome to the forum Catfishjack.

Rear window Louvers

Vettedebbie
I just purchased a set from East Coast Automotive:
http://www.ecautomotive.com
I have looked for over a month. They answered all my
questions, were very helpful and I got EXACTLY what I wanted. Price with Delivery was about:$240.00
With about a 2 week wait as it is a special order for them. Hope this helps!
Regards
Catfish Jack

Glass Fade

Tom is absolutely correct about the "glass fade". I have an '84 Trans Am getting rebuilt and it had a set of these
louvres on them for only a few years and they faded the glass badly! Impossible to buff out. I suspect he UV does something to the adhesive that is used within the glass itself. It looks like crap! Think real hard before you buy into this option, especially if you live somewhere where the sun is intense (i.e. FL, AZ, CA, TX ...etc). The cost to replace that rear window is steep.

....... Nut

"LOUVERS"

CATFISH. WHEN YOU GET THEM ON POST SOME PICS. WAS GOING TO GET SOME A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO, BUT LEAKY CALIPERS INSTEAD!! DOING THAT FIRST, BUT SOON.... JCL :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom