Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

rear window louvers

L

lytemup

trying to figure out what to do with the rear window louvers that came w/my '81 (the guy had never actually put them on the car), does anyone out there use these? I don't think i like them aesthetically on the car and was thinking of pitching them. thoughts or pictures anyone?

Why don't you advertize the rear lovers in the Generation Marketplace there has been interest in them in past threads.Some people like them and they keep the suns rays out, especially in Florida.

"Rear window louvers"

Lytemup. Which style do you have. the one piece Crager type, or the three piece Astra-Hammond type. The latter is still being made in Canada. I like the three piece myself. Painted the same color as your car. JCL

Had em on a 300 turbo. Thought they detracted from the car. Maybe Im just a purist:_rock not to mention I couldn't see out the rear :xmas

window louvers

Sis had them on a '77 Camaro. (beat to h-e-double-hockey-sticks) I didn't like their looks.

Maybe my opinion would be different if I saw some well-cared-for louvers in application. My ears perked up when JCL suggested painting them the body color....

i believe they are the three piece type, but i'm not sure how they come apart. they were made by "Kobel - San Antonio Texas" and have a date of May '83 on them. they are black, and so is my '81, but I think i may take the suggestion on the generation marketplace.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom