Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rear window tint

chuckhinva

Corvette
1996 LT4 Coupe
I just noticed that the tinting on the rear window of my '81 is starting to peel back in the corner. Does anyone know what's going on?

I thought tinting was imbedded in the glass. Could this be aftermarket film? There are no wrinkles or bubbles typical of film applications.

As far as I know its an aftermarket film. I have on to (very dark) and a prof. company did my front and side windows to (very light shade). If it's not to big and doesn't bother you just let it be. If it starts to wrinckle in some sort of kristal shape then it's expanding very slowly. Good luck!

Groeten Peter.

It sounds like it is after market. I beleive that yoy can just mist the clas and the us a squegee to put the film back in place. It should (I hope) work.

Those back window curves play hell on the aftermarket window tint..have seen the tint put on two ways..with the pieces running vertically..about 3 to 4 pieces and have seen them run it horizontally, about 9 pieces..almost like a louver..I prefer the louver method..smaller strips contour the window curve better in my opinion... good luck with it though!

Hmmm, I'm almost certain my back window is a single piece tint...

Groeten Peter.

Mine seems to be single piece also,alsmost looks as if it is the actual tint built into the window. later, Ken

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom