Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

rebuild engine

eddonjan

Corvette
1991 black soft top
How long should it take to rebuild a engine in a 91 vette?It's a 350CID.:confused

How long should it take to rebuild a engine in a 91 vette?It's a 350CID.:confused

Define "rebuild" :)

Could be anything from getting it to run right again, to a restoration to showroom condition to a 409 stroker putting out 450 hp.
Different strokes for different folks.

For me it means upgrading it by replacing the intake, heads and exhaust to make it what the General should have done in 1989, producing 350 hp.
I'd be delighted with that and may do it when I have $4-6,000 to spend.

Define "rebuild" :)

Could be anything from getting it to run right again, to a restoration to showroom condition to a 409 stroker putting out 450 hp.
Different strokes for different folks.

For me it means upgrading it by replacing the intake, heads and exhaust to make it what the General should have done in 1989, producing 350 hp.
I'd be delighted with that and may do it when I have $4-6,000 to spend.
OK blocked cracked.Tech said he go to 350/375 HP.Was 245 from factory.Car has been in shop awhile.
Thanks,
DJ

What did the shop tell you they were doing? Depending on if this shop sends machine work out, what parts will be reused. More details.

What did the shop tell you they were doing? Depending on if this shop sends machine work out, what parts will be reused. More details.
OK I will try again.Some work to be done by outside machine shop.Blocked bored out & intake.So new parts for what needs to be replaced.Car has been @ shop from 12-21 to date.Hope this is enough info.If all parts & machine wks is in/finished how long to put together.:confused

Unless they are busy, two months should have been plenty of time. I have put engines together from start to finish (including removal and install) in less than two months. This was gradual work too, evenings and some weekends. I did have a helper most of the time. Machine shop turned parts around in two weeks.

You need to get a very detailed list of what they are doing to your motor. Even what they consider insignificant. Post it here.

A little ways from me is a professional Engine rebuilder. To rebuild your 350, not including the welding and or replacing the block it should that about ten days to two weeks to do a complete stock rebuild. Having said that, you'd be foolish not to do a some head modifications as well a balancing of the rotating train, so that could add about another ten days. Keep in mind there are four guys and all the equipment right there in the shop.

If all parts & machine wks is in/finished how long to put together.:confused
With everything ready to go I can put a engine together in my home garage in less than a day with beers

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom