Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Rebuild or New buy

With $20k available would you:

• Restore the 77 L-82 (engine rebuild 400hp/400torque, ignition, interior, 6-spd tranny, brake lines,

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • buy a 99-00 coupe

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's simple Bob,

First, cancle internet subscription so there is no chance of viewing online vette pages.

Second, throw out all vettebrakes, ecklers, summit, jegs, magazines.

Third, drive with eyes closed and ears plugged so that I don't have any idea of what's going wrong. Of course this might lead to more body work :)

I'm only going to do the real small stuff. The sub $50 stuff that needs to be done. The car runs great, and I'm not going to worry about the weatherstripping or suspension. Hopefully that'll keep it under $500 for a year or 2.

russ

BTW, thanks for the heads up on the last detail corvette. They have some really good prices and quick turn around.

Keep the 77 and make it what you want. The 68-82 is just an awesome sight in my eyes. U could put a 700R4 Trans in the 77 with probably little mods and would yield better gas mileage. 82's had this trans. The 350 in your 77 is easily modified for more performance without sacrificing drivability. Good Lukc and keep us posted.

MoeJr said:
...U could put a 700R4 Trans in the 77 with probably little mods and would yield better gas mileage. 82's had this trans.

The '82 had a 700R4 tranny?!?!?

Yes 1982 was the only C3 to have the 700R4. Has a Deep 3.06 1st Gear and a .070 OD. Will improve your gas mileage and give u more off the line go! Hope this helps.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom