Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

rebuilding a 1966 427/425 Holley 3247 carb

IH2LOSE

Corvette
1966,and a 1962 thats almost complete
Hello every one and its been a Long time no speak,
I had my 1966 427/425 out last year and while waiting on a line for a car show idling up to the entrance my car started to load up. Couple of snaps of the throttle it would clean up a bit but still stall and you could smell it was flooded. I diagnosed a stuck float

The Carb on the car is a 3247 that was a replacement carb from Holley
I just ordered a Holley rebuild kit part # 37-1539 I am just looking for any tips or trick from someone that may have done this recently
Unfortunately this car has turned into a garage queen as I probably have less than 600 miles over the last 6 years probably less the 80 in the last 3 years.
My daughter is getting her drivers permit in the summer and she requested to learn how to drive stick on the 66. Chances are we will have to come up with a B plan when she feels what the clutch feels like but it’s a good reason to make sure it’s running 100% I owe that much to the car

Thanks Larry

I have some papers that will help you out on your setup: My "Holley Carb Paper," "BG Carb Setup" and "BG Carb Installation" papers go over some of the signficant setup steps to get the carb running right. Also, be sure to get the timing set right as outlined in my timing paper: "90% of all carb problems are timing problems." For copies of the papers, just e-mail me a request to:

V8FastCars@msn.com

Lars

I have some papers that will help you out on your setup: My "Holley Carb Paper," "BG Carb Setup" and "BG Carb Installation" papers go over some of the signficant setup steps to get the carb running right. Also, be sure to get the timing set right as outlined in my timing paper: "90% of all carb problems are timing problems."

Lars
V8FastCars@msn.com

thanks e mail sent

Hey..........

Nice to see you playing with the toys Larry, yeah been a long time. Lars, too bad I didn't win the BG papers seeing as how I came in #1 in the guess the HP & TQ thread (excluding you):rotfl I guess I'll have to send you an electronic email with a request for the BG carb setup ;squint:

What A Guy...........

Since you came in so close, I'll send them to you for free...
Very fast too I might add. Thank You Dr. I'd be interested in what you have up your sleeve for timing but in my case I don't know that it would matter.:beer

My daughter is getting her drivers permit in the summer and she requested to learn how to drive stick on the 66.

You're a brave man, Larry.

My daughter casts longing eyes at my toys but I haven't let her play yet. She's learning on the Jeep instead of the Vette.

-Mac

You're a brave man, Larry.

My daughter casts longing eyes at my toys but I haven't let her play yet. She's learning on the Jeep instead of the Vette.

-Mac

Belive it or not I have a spare clutch plate,throw out bearing,and pressureplate on the shelf just in case its been there since before the start of the 62's build,
I am as brave as she is if she thinks she can drive it then I think so also.

Years ago she told me she could drive my truck to snow plow my parking lot at work, she has been doing it ever since
good to hear from you

Nice to see you playing with the toys Larry, yeah been a long time. Lars, too bad I didn't win the BG papers seeing as how I came in #1 in the guess the HP & TQ thread (excluding you):rotfl I guess I'll have to send you an electronic email with a request for the BG carb setup ;squint:

Yes its been along time I have been side tracked by this darn recession
allot of my energy has been put to staying in buisness, finally I am seeing a light at the end of the tunnel

Ordered my rebuild kit yesterday and got it in my hands today

But now I remember why it used to advocate sending the carburetor out to a professional carburetor rebuilder. Must be a thousand parts in the kit and my eyes are not what they used to be and I have to use a magnifier to read the proper part numbers on the power valves and needle seat.

How am I going to see into all those tiny ports to see if they are clear? How am I going to see the holes the clips have to go in, How am I going to see the ledge the e clips have to mate to

I hate to sound like a wimp on this but I may not be able to see what I am doing, Terrible thing losing eye sight

I went out in the garage last night to get my flat plate I use for truing a surface and found it all marred up from my son using it as a back stop for something he was drilling and chopping I am going to have to find a new plate to true the surface on

Wish me luck

hey Larry......glad to see you are still around and kicking!!!!!

Will you be going to Carlisle this next year? Sharon and I were talking about it tonight with no decision made...but we are thinking about it. In June I am getting my right knee replaced and then the other at the end of the year......ugh.....hopefully it will make them better than they feel right now....

regards, Herb

hey Larry......glad to see you are still around and kicking!!!!!

Will you be going to Carlisle this next year? Sharon and I were talking about it tonight with no decision made...but we are thinking about it. In June I am getting my right knee replaced and then the other at the end of the year......ugh.....hopefully it will make them better than they feel right now....

regards, Herb

I am still around but not much Kicking going on

I will send you a pm when I get off work today

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom