Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Recalled

TheSearcher

Corvette
2004 Torch Red Coupe
Got a notice on my 2004 last Friday in the mail and the dealership service writer said to bring it straight in as it was a front end suspension/steering required parts change and not really safe to drive. He printed out about 20 pages of instructions and parts lists for the recall and said it would take several days to make the required tests, order the necessary parts and make all the replacements.

Don't know what VINs are included.

Interesting... I'm taking mine in for a leaking fuel filler neck tomorrow (also an '04) and my front wheels appear to have clear coat pealing off of them (why polished aluminum wheels have clear coat is beyond me...why clear coat is pealing on a $50,000 car is highly annoying to me). I'll have to ask him about other recalls as I have not received a message. Thanks for the info!

Dealer called and said the buggy was ready. He said the recall was mostly to check for bad ball joints, but there were some replacement parts installed.

TheSearcher said:
Dealer called and said the buggy was ready. He said the recall was mostly to check for bad ball joints, but there were some replacement parts installed.

Just noticed you are in Arkansas too. Where are you located and what dealer are you going through? I have John Sims at Gwatney in Jacksonville do all of my work and I pretty much talk only to Rob in Service management.

TheSearcher said:
Got a notice on my 2004 last Friday in the mail and the dealership service writer said to bring it straight in as it was a front end suspension/steering required parts change and not really safe to drive. He printed out about 20 pages of instructions and parts lists for the recall and said it would take several days to make the required tests, order the necessary parts and make all the replacements.

Don't know what VINs are included.

Check this link for the answer to your question: http://corvetteactioncenter.com/kb/question.php?qstId=517

wwr said:
Just gupping WONDERFUL!!

wwr

"gupping"? :confused

This is a word? :L

-Patrick

wwr said:
Just gupping WONDERFUL!!

wwr

Is this in some way related to a small fish, often kept in an aquarium?:confused

Remo:cool

Patrick said:
"gupping"? :confused

This is a word? :L

-Patrick
=========================================================
Look out Patrick the English professor(more like the English Patient:L ) is on the
search for mispelled and slang words:eyerole >>>>>>>>>.;LOL How is ya doin thar this evening Patrick?:)

:w

Recall

I just went on the GM link for recalls on 2004. I don't see any recall?.
In fact your post is the first that i have heard of a recall. I belong to a club with 180 members and nothing was said at our last meeting. I am going to call my service department on Fri to see about a recall.:D .

recall

I just called my friend who has a 2004. He said that recall was from Aug, of 2004. How come it took GM so long to contact you?. Glad no damage to you or your car.:w

COR4VETTE said:
I just went on the GM link for recalls on 2004. I don't see any recall?.
In fact your post is the first that i have heard of a recall. I belong to a club with 180 members and nothing was said at our last meeting. I am going to call my service department on Fri to see about a recall.:D .
=========================================================
Here is one recall for the following vin numbers...its for the lower control arm defective washer/nuts.........I just had mine done a few weeks ago.....:)

2004 Chevrolet Corvette VIN numbers involved in the recall.......5118579-45127798

45127798 minus 45118579 equals 9,219 corvettes with defective washer/nuts.

I missed the cut off by 143 Vettes;shrug :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom