Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Recommendation Request for Vette-centric Techs

lothian

Corvette
'75 Stingray T-top
I purchased a fully road-worthy '75 C3 T-top. But it needs a laying-of-th'-hands by a vette-whisperer, ideally in the Cary, NC area. I realize pretty much any tech familiar with carbureted iron and a timing light can wrench on this car, but I prefer to deliver it into the learned hands of an advocate for the cause.

Feel free to post contact info for a shop (or three) that you recommend.

Last edited:

bill81vette

Corvette
1981 dark blue metallic
Welcome to CAC!!
good luck with your search and Enjoy!!

Evolution1980

Administrator
Corvette
ZZ4, 700R4, Steeroids rack & pinion, VB&P Brakes
Welcome, @lothian !
I'm assuming you bought your car from out of town, and that asking for a local reference from the previous owner wouldn't be relevant.
  • While it's been slightly more than a day since there was any activity, maybe you can find something in the Southeast forums here? Southeast
  • Consider finding a Corvette club in your area... https://crnccc.com/
  • Or possibly see if there's anything in the NCRS that might be of help? https://www.ncrs.org/ | NCRS | National Corvette Restorers Society.
  • Are there any cruise-ins that take place regularly on the weekends anywhere around you? 'Round me, there's at least 2-3 per week all throughout the summer. Take your car up there and participate in the "show". Walk around and see the other classic cars. There's bound to be a C3 or older vette in the crowd. Strike up a conversation with the owners. Most of us will chat all day with other vette owners, especially new ones looking for advice.

Corvette
2017 Arctic White Grand Sport
Good luck with your C3. I loved my 77. Good luck in your quest to find a mechanic familiar with the older cars. They can be hard to find but once you do, they are worth their weight in gold.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom