Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Recommendation Request for Vette-centric Techs

lothian

Corvette
'75 Stingray T-top
I purchased a fully road-worthy '75 C3 T-top. But it needs a laying-of-th'-hands by a vette-whisperer, ideally in the Cary, NC area. I realize pretty much any tech familiar with carbureted iron and a timing light can wrench on this car, but I prefer to deliver it into the learned hands of an advocate for the cause.

Feel free to post contact info for a shop (or three) that you recommend.

Last edited:
Welcome to CAC!!
good luck with your search and Enjoy!!

Welcome, @lothian !
I'm assuming you bought your car from out of town, and that asking for a local reference from the previous owner wouldn't be relevant.
  • While it's been slightly more than a day since there was any activity, maybe you can find something in the Southeast forums here? Southeast
  • Consider finding a Corvette club in your area... https://crnccc.com/
  • Or possibly see if there's anything in the NCRS that might be of help? https://www.ncrs.org/ | NCRS | National Corvette Restorers Society.
  • Are there any cruise-ins that take place regularly on the weekends anywhere around you? 'Round me, there's at least 2-3 per week all throughout the summer. Take your car up there and participate in the "show". Walk around and see the other classic cars. There's bound to be a C3 or older vette in the crowd. Strike up a conversation with the owners. Most of us will chat all day with other vette owners, especially new ones looking for advice.

Good luck with your C3. I loved my 77. Good luck in your quest to find a mechanic familiar with the older cars. They can be hard to find but once you do, they are worth their weight in gold.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom