Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Recommendations for a bike

Bioscache2

Corvette
2001 Blk Coupe
Hi all, I'm looking to get either a new or slightly used sport bike, probably a mid sized engine series since I'm a relatively new rider (only ridden smaller dirt-bikes before, never had a street bike). At the same time since I'm a corvette owner you can probably guess what I want in the bike, speed and performance, so I don't want a bike that my skill level (and therefore desire for performance) will outgrow too quickly. Any members have a bike or experience that fits this description and would be willing to give their $.02. Thanks.

Wow, this is like saying the best wax to use on your car. I'm looking forward to these comments.

Well I ended up with an 05 Ninja ZX6R, w/ only 1025 miles on it. I can't wait to jump on this thing.

I must have missed this thread before... congratulations.

What color is it? Post some photos... and be careful out there on the streets. I had my first contact with the pavement on Friday (the 13th). Just turned over 4000 miles. Luckily the damage was light.

Tammy

I must have missed this thread before... congratulations.

What color is it? Post some photos... and be careful out there on the streets. I had my first contact with the pavement on Friday (the 13th). Just turned over 4000 miles. Luckily the damage was light.

Tammy

Ask and you shall receive.

Wow, nice looking bike!
Thank you very much. It barely has over a 1000 miles on it and the guy I bought it from is including all his riding equipment which includes 3 full face helmets (all different sizes) 2 all season riding jackets with removable liners (also different sizes) and riding gloves. Equipment for me is great but I really like the extra stuff so I'm all prepared to take a passenger because after all why else get the bike right ;)

3 helmets, 2 jackets and gloves!? Wow. That stuff is not cheap. Well done.

Just remember- don't be a squid- wear the gear (even when it is hot) and don't forget to get some boots too.

My God, what a monstrous wheelie. From midway through 1st until well into 4th :eek

A busa seems like a bit much for a first streetbike though.

4 years and 4000 miles later, my suzuki sv650s is still mostly enough for me.

You can't go wrong with a Kawasaki. I have had 2 of them since 1980(still do).
All they need is batteries and tires and oil to keep going for years.
Don't forget to drain the tank and carbs for the winter or the idle jets will clog.

Go easy with the "baby ninja" as they're faster than Z06's. Ride straight as you need ALL your faculties. Do you have a license? If not, get one! www.msf-usa.com

Yes, I ride a Ninja also...

moto_pix_008.jpg

Thanks, I have my permit and have signed up for class in order to get my license. Took her out for the first time on Sunday and all I can say is, wow.

One of the most important lessons taught in the riders classes that I took is to always look ahead towards where you are going. The focus being that your balance and control will be affected severly by moving your head around and looking at other things. The instructors call that being a "bobblehead".
The classes will focus on traffic awareness, motorcyle control, accident avoidance, and general safety issues that you would not think of as a car driver.
Then you get some practice on the closed course to learn and demonstrate your abilitiy to control the bike.
Usually, if you pass the course, you don't need to take a DMV road test.

Good luck, and good riding.

Are you taking a MSF class? that's how I got my license. Money WELL SPENT :upthumbs

Hopefully the weather will break before you take the class, though. Doing 5-20 mph maneuvers in a parking lot in 100 degree heat could be rough.

Let us know how it goes.

Tammy

One of the most important lessons taught in the riders classes that I took is to always look ahead towards where you are going. The focus being that your balance and control will be affected severly by moving your head around and looking at other things. The instructors call that being a "bobblehead".
The classes will focus on traffic awareness, motorcyle control, accident avoidance, and general safety issues that you would not think of as a car driver.
Then you get some practice on the closed course to learn and demonstrate your abilitiy to control the bike.
Usually, if you pass the course, you don't need to take a DMV road test.

Good luck, and good riding.
Yup, I can't wait and you are correct. Passing the course means no road test, on top of the experience from the actual course.

Yes Tammy its a MSF course but I won't be taking it down here in GA. NY uses them to waive road tests but you have to take it in NY even though its exactly the same. In addition I have to take a MSF course in order to drive the bike on base, doesn't matter if I was a professional sport bike racer before joining the military, if I want to ride on base I need a MSF course. Usually the military provides them for free but since NY is being hard headed I'll take it there and hopefully the military won't be as hard-headed because I don't feel like taking the exact same course twice(wishful thinking I know). Worse comes to worse I'll take the advanced MSF course for the military cert as the military offers both to fill the requirement for on-base registration and riding.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom