Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Recommendations

captras

Corvette
1975 Red Convertible
Hello From Iraq to all C3 Corvette Lovers,

I am presently here in this god forsaken hell hole thinking about how I wish I could be driving my 75 convertible. Anyway, when I get home next year I am planning on some upgrades. I have looked into an Edelbrock Performance Kit that will consist of aluminum heads, aluminum manifold, 650 CFM carb, headers, new cam with hyd lifters, and new exhaust system. (kinda my present to myself). According to Edelbrock this will be exactly like the crate engine they sell and it puts out 310 HP. Any other suggestions as to a different brand, or other fairly simple changes. Also, the carb they are recommending is Part # 1806. They have a reconditioned version that is about $100 cheaper. Any ideas on reconditioned vs new carbs.

Thanks in advance....and for all those that support us over here...you have no idea how much it means to those in the fight!!!

CAPS, I honor you. Hang in there. You'll be home soon. My son's buddy just came back and he will here for Deer Hunt 2006. That's all that kept him going
while he was there just like your VETTE. Been There, (Nam 68-69).
"Jeff"

While I can't help you with your question, I just want to give tip of the hat to your for your service. Get home soon so you can drive that 75!

Capt,

You won't / shouldn't need a new carb. The one on your engine is already a 750cfm carb. Since it was what came with your stock engine, it will obviously be good enough for the same engine with performance upgrades (especially if Edelbrock thinks you can get by with a 650cfm.)

Try to keep yourself together over there and we all await your safe return!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom