Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Red on Red Rare?

D

Dirtfarmer

I thought this would be a suitable question for the CAC. I just had a guy tell me that his '65 red on red convertible is considered rare because of the color combiation. He says that the red interior makes it so. I would check my black book but don't have it on hand at the moment.

So what do you all think? Is that a color combination that would be considered rare for a '65? I've heard of odd factory color combinations making Corvettes collectable, but red on red?

I certainly would not call it rare, unique but not rare...

EBVette said:
I certainly would not call it rare, unique but not rare...

That's pretty much what I thought, but at what point does unique become collectable?

I have a feeling that he's getting ready to sell and is trying to build his car up.

Red was fairly common in the mid years of the mid years... I have seen many at shows of 64 and especially 65 with red on red... Rare is rare from the very start and "rarely do you see one". I have seen many, so I don't think the are rare as much as not as common as black. I have actually seen less WHITE then red. JMHO :)

When I returned from Viet Nam in the early 70's I purchased a 1965 300HP Red on Red. I believe it would be hard to confirm the amount of the dual red combinations built because you see so many black with red interior and white with red interior and I believe the Black Book only list the amount of red interiors.

Ray

well....there were 3688 RALLY RED Vettes produced in 1965
well....there were 2831 MILANO MAROON Vettes produced in 1965

so.....exterior RED color not that rare! and, I would venture to say probably have of them were ordered with RED interior!

My 65 Vert is origianlly red/red, but right now its 3x black. When I do repaint, I will go back with red, but will likely keep the interior black.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom