Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Reduced engine power

James allen

Hello fellow corvette c5 owners and lovers,i havr a question and im hoping for a little help.first off,ive had my 97 c5 for about 5 yrs and absolutely love it,amazing car and jus an absolute blast,but ive had a problem thts happened to me on several occasions,and my local chevy dealer isnt able to help with a solution.my problem is while driving,and it happens very sporadically and not all the time but itll go intoreduced engine power mode,car jus sets at idle,no power at all,traction control light comes on,a few more lights come on also.after a while of doing whtever i can,trying to restart it over and over,and maybe with a prayer and sprinkling of some magical dust it clears up and runs fine.it may happen again soon and may be mnths before it shows its ugly little head again.ive read tht this is a problem with c5s but ive not talked t OK anyone who can give me a cure to the problem.fellow owners any help will be greatly appreciated. I thank any help at all.

James, I might suggest that you try and have the codes pulled from the computer and post them here. Without the codes, it will be pretty difficult to properly diagnose the problem. Even if the car is running fine now, those codes will be set and can be read. Thanks! :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom