Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Reduced Wind Noise

njlouc

Corvette
2000 Black Coupe
:wA problem that we all have in the coupe is the incessant wacka wacka wacka when the roof is off and over 50 mph.

It drives me nuts.:mad
I noticed that if I place my hand between the (raised) sunvisors. The turbulence is reduced and the ride is much quieter. So since I cant drive that way, I thought there must be a better way.
I found a plastic deflector that is sold for the purpose but as usual it has the Corvette tax and costs much$$, and was elaborate creating a storage issue also.

I noticed that there is a gap between the windshield and the plastic moulding. I figured that i could place a piece of plastic in there. I was hoping to find an old bug deflector that i could cut up.

So the other day while cleaning out my truck, I found a rectangle piece of plastic - I have no clue where it is from, but it is 3.75" x 7.75" x .072" ( ~2/32"). It is not really rigid and has some flex. Polyethelene??? And it's black to match the car.

Result: I placed it in that gap between the sunvisors and it works great!! I had it up to the amazing speed of 60 mph. and it is perfect. At some time I will try it at a place where I could go faster.

It makes the ride with the top off quite enjoyable. storage is nothing, it is basically a big post card!
090.jpgCost: $0!!!

Note: click on the picture a couple of times for more detail.

I'll have to try that! :thumb

I have noticed the windows down about three inches helps some. Not as much as your fix though. Will have to try it.

I had it up to the amazing speed of 60 mph.

;LOL Ok that was good.

I can somewhat relate after recently adding a similar fluid deflecting device to my motorcycle. Sometimes the smallest things make the biggest difference!

Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom