Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Registry is Down.. for a few Days...

Yoda

Administrator
Corvette
1981 UL5
I noticed this morning that my signature looked rather odd... missing the Banner and some of my photo's have turned to X's So I go to our Website and it's NOT THERE!! :mad

Well I know it was renewed with HostRocket (our server provider @ $268 for 2007), I send them an email and ask what is wrong, after a few email exchanges they tell me the L81VetteRegistry.com Domain Name was Cancelled :eek

So after a couple hours chasing ghosts, and listening to recorded phone messages... it appears the original company I registered the Domain at sold the Registry to another Domain Company, and said company did not notify me that there would be a renewal fee... and once the current registration cost expired it close the account :mad

I left messages with their billing / technical & sales to contact me first thing Monday morning IL (Central) time... Sorry for the fauxpas and I will do what I can to get us back online asap...

Let's just hope no one offers to buy our Domain Name before the bean counters at wigsix or wigfix or whatever the "Blanky Blank" company's name is that holds our Domain Name decides to sell it :mad

That might be cause to find their office and make a road trip :mad

Bud

Thank Bob,

But that's NOT the L81VetteRegistry ;( it's some generic website with "other stuff" on it ....

Bud

Thank Bob,

But that's NOT the L81VetteRegistry ;( it's some generic website with "other stuff" on it ....

Bud

Huh? Your name is listed as the contact person. :confused

Who runs the L81 Corvette registry?
The L81 Corvette Registry was founded and still run by Bud Dougherty. Bud is also a well known and respected Administrator at the Corvette Action Center. Recently, Bud recruited some young talent, Tim Gedney, to revamp the registry web site and to build a dynamic database for registered L81's. Both Bud & Tim own Charcoal Metallic 1981 Corvettes.

What comes up for me is a field of flowers to the right side... then a bunch of Internet / Website / Email and other general information & and its all pretty generic about getting registered or getting a company as a host server...

The title at the top of the page says L81VetteRegistry.com :(

How do I do a screen save and paste??? I'm just a bit frazzelled right now, to say the least... :mad

Bud

Bob,

Do you see the L81 Banner in my signature??

All I see is where it used to be with a red X...

Bud

I get the same thing, Bud!:W

We're standing-by to assist, Bud!

GerryLP:cool

I see what Bud is describing...a field image with red flowers, blue sky, and clouds, and a generic search options listed on the Left side.

GerryLP:cool

Bud,

According to Network Solutions, the registration expired last night.
Expiration date: 02 Nov 2006 23:19:53

Therefore, what I think is happening is that as the change propagates through the various DNS servers around the world, the results appear on your screens.

The change hasn't happened in my area yet, but probably will soon.

Good luck getting things back to normal.

Bob,

Thanks for taking time to lend a hand here... I "think" I'm glad my browser didn't get stolen :eek and I did download Prevx1 and ran it ... but it came up clean :whew: ;)

I think my move to Texas might have a lot to do with the mix-up with the payment for the renewal of the Domain Name... I used to have EarthLink (dail-up) where now I have Cox Cable (fast mother) and I don't remember contacting the Domain Name folks, I did the Hosting Company.

I don't know when the Domain Name co. changed, because the last time I renewed it was in 2002...

Gerry,
Thanks for your input. I'm too old for this new fangled crap... I'm ready to go back to Quil and Parchment.... Well hopefully everything comes together next week, BECAUSE I've been working my big butt off on some things for the Registry and I am hoping to make an "Official" announcement sometime after November 15 ;) ;LOL ;LOL Hell the announcement might be "It's been a great run" instead of what I had planned" :( ;)

Bud

Geez...I Hope you get it back....:ugh It would be a shame to lose all that info....:mad

good luck,Bud....

Still looks good for me, Bud, although it doesn't translate well to this post. ;)
=========================================================

Welcome to the L81 Corvette Registry!

l81_ncm.jpg

l81badge_white.gif
The Registry supports USA Troops

While many of us will be enjoying leisurely cruises in our sharks this summer, we should also remember that there are many others who will not get the opportunity to do the same. Not to mention being away from their loved ones and risking their lives around the world (full article).​

l81badge_white.gif
Registry adds 200+ members in 7 months!

The Registry hit a milestone April 22nd this year. We received the registration for our 500th L81 Corvette! The Registry and website have been flourishing and we hope the growth continues! Let's see if we can get up to 1000 L81's in the coming months! Now that 'vetting season has resumed for most of us, spread the word at the cruise ins and rallies! The Registry thanks everyone for their support!​

l81badge_white.gif
About the L81VetteRegistry
l81badge_white.gif

What is the L81 Corvette Registry?

The L81VetteRegistry is dedicated to the preservation and documentation of the 1981 Corvette. Our goal is to document as many surviving 1981 Corvettes as possible, and provide a place to archive the historical significance of the 1981 Corvette.

Our site will provide all 1981 owners’ access to technical information, statistical database, and links to online communities for additional technical support and Corvette gatherings throughout the Corvette World.​

Joining the registry?

There are a couple requirements! You must own a 1981 Corvette and complete the registration form. The registration form is located at the top of the page by following the “Join Registry” link. Please complete the registration with as much factual information as possible. Information from Window Stickers, Build Sheets, Trim Tag, Door Vehicle GW Sticker and Emission stickers under hood will help identify basic equipment and options. Actual RPO’s can be found only on the original build sheet, order form or window sticker. The build sequence number (S/N) of each car is the LAST 6 digits for St. Louis built and LAST 7 digits for Bowling Green built 1981’s. Example: St. Louis 4XXXXX; Bowling Green 5XXXXXX.

The completed form will be submitted to administration for approval prior to being posted in the data base. Please note that we will publish the following information: your first and last name, your state and country of residence, your website (if applicable), the build sequence number of your 1981 Corvette, and all factory options (RPOs) of your Corvette. We will respect your privacy.

What is an 'L81'?

L81 is the notation for the engine block used in 1981 Corvettes. The L81 was the only engine optional available in 1981 Corvettes. L81 Corvettes may not be the most valuable Corvettes on the road these days, but several factors (including the L81 engine), make it somewhat unique.

Another important fact about L81 Corvettes was that this model was made at two different plants - St. Louis, Missouri and Bowling Green, Kentucky. Following 1981, all Corvettes would be assembled in Bowling Green. When viewing our database, you will see the St. Louis built 1981's build numbers that begin with '4', where the Bowling Green built 1981's begin with '5'.​

Have questions or need more information?

For more information about L81 (1981) Corvettes, please follow the "L81 Corvette" link located at the top of the page. For more information about the L81 Registry, please see the FAQ.​

header.gif
Member Login(need a password?)
yellowribbon.gif

Registry SummarySaturday, November 4723 Registered L81's Last 5 RegisteredBill Lorshbaugh
David Carabott
Andre Lessard
Billy Tucker
Adam Apruzzese

Other Links FAQ
l81badge_blue.gif

Partners
Visit our sponsors
© 2004 L81 Vette Registry
© CORVETTE is a registered trademark of the General Motors Corporation & Chevrolet Motor Division. All Rights Reserved

IT IS WORKING 11/5

Bob,

Do you see the L81 Banner in my signature??

All I see is where it used to be with a red X...

Bud

Hi, i clicked my usaual link to the 81 and it brought me right to the forums , but not starting out by the 81 home page sign in? i know it was down a couple of days and i got that same domain with the flowers , but no more of that. i did have to sign it with my other ID/PASS to post this message , just to let you know , i guess it's half working!:ugh

Hi Bud,

I just checked it again, and the flowers have finally arrived at my place. :eyerole

These guys watch the expiring domains and immediately jump on them. I hope they don't charge an arm and a leg to get it back.

I'm getting the same stinking posies as you Bud. I hope everything was backed up. I've modified my signature for the time being.

Just as an FYI, the website is still on our webhosts servers. The domain name is just a virtual short cut that points to the webhosts servers. Our account is still valid and active with the webhost, so there has been no data loss.

I have all of the registry pages stored on my personal computer, so the structure of the website is safe. I just created a complete backup of the registry database as well.

I am not anticipating that there will be any data loss. The issue is if we can just get our www shortcut back (the domain name).

-tim

:BOW Tim,

Tim is the magic behind the Website. He designed and maintains our site for $0.00 and does a dam good job of it too. His database creation is the BEST Registry database of any others I've seen.

Thanks Tim, now we'll see if the OLD ONE here can get things straightened out tomorrow and get our Domain back and set the planets back in alignment..
I've installed FRESH batteries in my light sabre', so I'm ready ;)

Bud

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom