Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Remember The Sticking Clutch Thing??

VAI

Corvette
2002 Z06 Torch Red
I have that common problem when driving hard through the gears, my clutch stays down, doesn't come back up for several seconds... you know the one, there are tons of post on this issue.

Weeeellll, I finally brought my car in for repair. Printed out the recommendations from some forums, the explanation of why the problem exists and how to solve the problem (basically changing the whole clutch and making sure the pressure plate has the correct torque settings..

The idiots of course didn't listen to me, and only change both master cylinders ???? and some other minor parts.

2 weeks later, when I got my car back , still the same problem.!!!!!
6.gif

Soooooo, my question is , isn't GM aware of this problem by now??? can't my dealer call the 'GM tech line' or something so they know what to do??? I don't want to go to the dealer every week.... does anybody have any good advice to getting this fixed ASAP ??? is there someone I can call???

HI there,
GM has been aware of the problem for a while and there are documents in the GM database to repair this condition correctly.
All your service department has to do, is to look for them.
Allthebest, c4c5:hb

I too would like to find out what the repair is- its done it to me but only when its cold out in the winter time...

happened to me tonight. The clutch sure id smell when i was bouncing off the rev limiter trying to race someone...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom