Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Remember those Ads??

Dadman1950

Corvette
2012 GS Vert 2000 C5 FRC Pewter
I ran across this the other day and it made me remember how I wanted to own every car in the ad. Anyway do you remeeber these?
image 68 gm ad.jpg

I was still a bit too young to be reading magazines in 1968... :happyanim:

-Mac

A burn from Arizona. :L

Those were cool. Here's another that I remember liking!
image 769musclead.jpg

And BTW don't you think "on the move" is better than "runs deep"?

;LOL Now Mac was that because of your age or the lack of reading skills?????? :rotfl

:beer
When that magazine came out, I wasn't in school yet... although I did start reading before I went to school...

Actually, one of my favorite cars from my childhood was my dad's 68 Impala 2 door... dark green metallic paint...

-Mac

When that magazine came out, I wasn't in school yet... although I did start reading before I went to school...

Actually, one of my favorite cars from my childhood was my dad's 68 Impala 2 door... dark green metallic paint...

-Mac

They were cool. :cool!: A friend of mine had one with a 427 4 speed. It was a fast car. It was light yellow black interior. He'd go theough a set of tires every two months!!!

They were cool. :cool!: A friend of mine had one with a 427 4 speed. It was a fast car. It was light yellow black interior. He'd go theough a set of tires every two months!!!
Dad's Impala was a hardtop Custom Coupe rather than the fastback... 327 automatic... I loved the sound of it... Eventually, he sold it :( and got a 76 Impala 4 dr with the most gutless 350 ever built. It wouldn't spin the tires in gravel.

-Mac

Dad's Impala was a hardtop Custom Coupe rather than the fastback... 327 automatic... I loved the sound of it... Eventually, he sold it :( and got a 76 Impala 4 dr with the most gutless 350 ever built. It wouldn't spin the tires in gravel.

-Mac

;LOL I know what you mean - one of the cars I had was a 1977 442 with the 350. Pretty car but couldn't get out of its own way! Having had a 1970 442 which was a rally quick car, seemed like it was sacreligous to put 442 on that 77! :mad I never could believe how we went from absolutely fabulous cars in the late 60's (i know you weren't in school yet) and early 70's to cars that were completely transformed into uninteresting crap by the CAFE and Catalytic Converters! :cry

;LOL I know what you mean - one of the cars I had was a 1977 442 with the 350. Pretty car but couldn't get out of its own way! Having had a 1970 442 which was a rally quick car, seemed like it was sacreligous to put 442 on that 77! :mad I never could believe how we went from absolutely fabulous cars in the late 60's (i know you weren't in school yet) and early 70's to cars that were completely transformed into uninteresting crap by the CAFE and Catalytic Converters! :cry

I had a 1969 442. 400 cubic inch TH400 ...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom