Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

repair and restoration guide

J

judas vette

hi people

just bought my self a repair and restoration guide . thats what making allot of fun and eventually i want to start up my own projects maybe if i have allot of time.

those anybody do that stuff here? he can give kindly maybe advises .

anyhow thanks to all again

Judas,

Virtually everyone here that regularly posts does there own repairs and restoration. Some folks are in the midst of major overhauls and a couple complete body off restorations. PLEASE feel free to ask any questions you may have. What's beautiful about this Vette forum is that someone will ALWAYS respond to you. Good luck with your projects and keep us informed on the progress of each one.

The Netherlands have been on my list of places to visit for a long time. Hope to make it over there in the next couple years.

Best Regards from the USA.......... Nut

Like Nut said, it doesn't matter what you're doing to your vette, at least 10 of us have done it or helped someone do it. Ask us or tell us and we will be more than happy to give a hand whenever possible.

Been there, doing it now.

I usually read the instructions after I have messed something up doing it my own way. I call them destructions rather than instructions.

A friend of mine bought a nice C3 restoration guide and I enjoyed learning from it. That is where I got the idea to build the rigid support bars from A to B pillar when I took the body off the frame.

There is some really good info in there. I have also found there are multiple ways of doing the same thing. Everybody seems to have an opinion on which way is best. I find that which ever way works for you is the best way.

Good luck and have fun!

Chris

WHAT, there are instructions for this stuff????

No, actually that's what I normally ask, like Chris, after I have screwed something major up. Here are two books I have that are really good referances;

"Chevrolet Corvette Restoration Guide"
By: Lindsay Porter
"How to Restore & Modify Your Corvette 1968-82"
By: Richard Newton

In my mind you need two other essential books/manuals
1. Assembly Manual
2. Service Manual or Hayse Manual

Good luck with your project, Judas

Rod

Another book that has very detailed instructions and has helped me when I've tried and failed first is the Corvette Shop Manual. This as well as most of the other books everyone has mentioned can be found in the Corvette Portal. You will also find links to allow you to purchase the books that meet your needs.

Again, good luck!

- Eric

repair

is there by any chance an video which shows step by step how to repair polyester and how to make the body a paintjob?

Thanks judas vette

Corvette videos

There are some videos on painting and restoration work. The corvette parts suppliers such as Ecklers, Mid America Design etc have them listed in their catalogs. You may be able to find them if you bring up their websites.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom