Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Repair manuals...

Topless

Corvette
1992 Convt w/hard top; 2004 Z06 Z16; 1962 327/300
Chiltens, Haynes, other??

I am considering the task of changing the clutch master cylinder. For some odd reason, I feel compelled to read something about it. Who knows, maybe it was something I ate.

Other advice on the clutch cylinders is also appreciated.

Mike

Anytime I find another book that might have some valuable information for my Corvette I buy it. The service manuals and the Haynes/Chiltons books are the obvious first choices though.

_ken

Hi Topless

If your not in a hurry, Check e-bay, there have been a couple of factory service manual sets that sold for 30% of their value new.
Tom

GET the FACTORY ONE

Use the Hanes to suppliment.

Mike

Just my personal opinion, avoid the Chilton's like the plague. I have a Chiltons and a Haynes for my Subarus and the Haynes is many times better - better pictures, better text, and they cover more parts.

I have the Haynes and the factory manual for my Vette. The Haynes is decent, but it covers the entire C4 line and there are too many changes. Pictures don't match the text because they're for a newer engine, etc. The factory manual is specific to my year and is the best, bar none - all the specs, all the test steps, all troubleshooting. Got it off eBay for about $20, not much more than a Haynes costs.
[RICHR]

If you are going to work on your car. Get the Factory manual!!!!!!!! any thing else is just a waste of money. some times the factory manual doesn't cover everything! then its The internet!

Factory manual or if you like the electronic version www.alldata.com but you do have to subscribe. All you get free from them is recalls and technical service bullitens. Good luck

The Haynes manual is okay to refresh yourself on stuff you already know. Other than that it wont help much. Specifics are not covered in detail for every model year. The best by far are the GM factory service manuals, aka Helms manual. I had fog light problems with my 88. The Haynes manual showed an incorrect wireing diagram for my 88. That is worse than no help at all. The Helms manual electrical supplement had the correct schematic for my year. If you intend to do some of your own work the Helms manulas are the only way to go. A link to there web site is below. I got mine on ebay for $70.

Helms inc

I have the Chiltons and Haynes, but the one I like better then both of them is the Clymer manual....instead of all pictures they must have one helluva artist because of all the drawings. Which happen to be much easier to decipher the pictures.

Thank you all for the advice. I will go get the factory manual.

Mike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom