Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Repair Part/Availability for ZR1

Re: Everyone Needs at Least Two

Grizzly said:
I wouldn't want to confuse you Phrogs but a pristine 67 coupe is not a daily driver.

Who knows maybe some day I will find someone who wants to swap a split windowed Fuelie for a 405 ZR1. Maybe I should start geting ready..........................

I didnt think you had it out on the road everyday I know what kind of a investment you have there.

Now me with my ZR1 I drive it the way it was ment to be driven
now see gets rained on once in a while and she loves her baths but I keep her clean and she loves to run so thats what I do I run her! :Steer

THe thing is there are plenty of 90 ZR1's out there and I plan on keeping mine forever so I dont care about miles Im not saving it for the next guy, But I am picking up a second 90 ZR1 this month so with the way the prices are its the time to get into one
You'll find you one that you can drive on a regualr basis.
I know all to well about the older vettes man and its a crime to keep them locked away but its also scary at times to get them out on the road!

Enjoy that baby!! sweet stingray!

In the next 2 months GM is supposed to start selling LT5 Crate motors and then all your worries about shortage of parts will go away! and also the costs should drop as there will be many avialable..

What ja need is what you can get

Im currently rebuilding my engine " totaly "

and untill know, i can get all i need.(still working on it / buying)

pistons/liners/gaskets/valve's/vacuumstuff, bolts, injectors
enz.

o.a.:

white racing / haibeck automotive / e.bay /

p.s. just look at zr1.net and find what you need.

Dont let that parts story, take away your zr1 adiction (it is ! )

spiker

:cool :cool :cool :cool :cool :cool

In the next 2 months GM is supposed to start selling LT5 Crate motors...

Like D said, the last LT5 was built in '93. Where did you read this? I don't see how this could be true.

Brett

Brett said:
Like D said, the last LT5 was built in '93. Where did you read this? I don't see how this could be true.

Brett

Yeah I jumping on this band wagon as well..

GM has not stocked LT5's for years where did you hear this
and what is the cost going to be?
I just tried to sell a 90 LT5 for 5500 and no one would buy it.
so I parted it out and Ive made more than that now in the parts!

Im interested in this!!!

with 7k LT5s made parts won't be too bad.

this is NOT an exceptionally rare car. I've got quite a stock pile of internal pistons/rods/cranks, etc.. plus some other stuff if you need it.

these are LPE "take out parts" that I picked up with my 95 zr1 and some horse trading some BB chevy parts

see www.lt5registry.net if you need anything, email me.

Article was in Pace magizine , I will ask my mechanic if he still has it? They now make so many crate motors why would they not make an LT5?? and the cost was listed at $12500 ?? Not Bad, soon you may be seeing them in 69 Nova's LOL!!

The thing I see is Gm could build crate motors, but they have not had the injector housings or plenums in stock for almost 2 years, but they have just about everything else to build them from there own stock.

I just dont think they will be comming out with them.

maybe but I doubt it

I could have swarn GM sold their stock pile back a few years. Maybe Im wrong. Also, didn't they say they would have motors for the owners?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom