Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Replace 6-speed clutch, what options?

GuyzVette

Corvette
Polo Green 1994 LT-1
1994 LT1 Manual 6-speed. 115k miles (15k are mine)

I've done a search and read a few of the clutch problems that people have been posting. Mine is just about gone. The contact point is all the way at the top of the pedal, it's really hard to spin the rear tires, and now the gears are getting clunky.

Here's the problem: I just shelled out $1500 on a tranny rebuild for my truck. Ouch. So I would like to know what you guys/gals have done as far as replacing clutches.

How much does it cost for a straight up "fix"?
What are cheaper options?
Is single-mass an ok option?

I do autocross, so I am not all that easy on my car. There are mods to the car that have increased the hp to "around" 350 (haven't gotten to a dyno yet, but judging performance numbers and such). I will probably not have this car in 12 months, but it could be bought by a friend so I don't want to fix it too "cheaply", but I would like to fix it cheaply.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated! I'm not a very knowledgeable person, and all work will be done in a reputable shop.

Thanks!

I haven't done a clutch change yet but in the next few weeks (if it ever warms up here) I need to change it in my 90. If you order the clutch yourself it will cost about $1100 for the clutch kit and the flywheel. Everything I read says change the flywheel,and stay with the dual mass setup.
This seems to be about as good a place as any to get the clutch.
http://www.carolinaclutch.com/ViewCart.aspx

Glenn
:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom