Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Replace clutch bypass switch or get rid of.

You still need to think when you are doing anything, sleeping doesn't count.

The only reason I can think of that would make you think I might be living in the past is because it's so hard to remember the future. Had a cell phone hard wired in my '92 and have used DeLorme almost as long.

By the way I never advocated not fixing or using the safety equipment that is available. The number one item on that list should be your head, understand what you're doing and read what was said;).

Yes you do. However, that said, you can make mistakes and having something to catch the mistake isn't bad. Even if you are perfect, the next person handling your car might not be as good. Having something to take car of their mistake might not be bad.

Thought you were commenting on how people ever survive before the auto manufacturers started to dumb down cars for the masses?

Absolutely but I don't believe in just trusting your head ALONE when there is something to make sure that you don't have a brain fart followed by "oops". I don't know about you but I have had such moments being that I am not perfect. It would be great if every time I drove, I am not distracted, tired, etc, etc but that isn't real life where you are 100% focused on the entire trip from the time you open the door to the time you shut down and get out the same door.

Never seen a clutch switch here in Europe, unless the car is imported from the US, had one in my -73 4-speed Coupe

Talking about safety, what if you are alone and the car stalls on a railway crossing. Without a clutch switch you can then move the car on the starter, saving both your car and train.

//Sweabe

Talking about safety, what if you are alone and the car stalls on a railway crossing. Without a clutch switch you can then move the car on the starter, saving both your car and train.

//Sweabe

Interesting point, I'll add one more. On my C6, if I for some reason am unable to move, no one can get in my doors because the shift lever is not in reverse. I still do a flight attendance revirew for new riders on how you get out of it if I'm unable to help them. The reply from most is " You're shifting me". Pun used to save censor's time.

Also if you look at the world traffic deaths per 100k we are on the bottom with Greece. They also state -

"When road deaths for each individual state in the USA, for the year 2001, are measured on the same per-capita basis as above, 27 of them perform worse than the American national figure, but more alarming is the fact that 11 of those states have a worse death rate than Portugal, the most dangerous of the countries listed on this page."

Drive and Stay Alive -- Home Page

Looks like we could use more safety switches.

Think and drive safe. :cool!:

Just proves my point. How did we ever survive before the auto manufacturers started to dumb down cars for the masses?

Well put. By-pass the switch you will not regret it. If you use your e-brake and leave it in neutral you will not have a problem.

Well put. By-pass the switch you will not regret it. If you use your e-brake and leave it in neutral you will not have a problem.

Not until the driver or someone behind the wheel makes a mistake, you forgot to add.

"Safety Feature" is generally a fancy way of saying "Stupidity Compensator".

"Safety Feature" is generally a fancy way of saying "Stupidity Compensator".

Can we assume that you declared you are too good to ever make mistakes? Also, that pledge goes for anyone who happens to be behind the wheel? It isn't just an issue of stupidity. Even the world class drivers, which I am fairly confident you are not in their ranks, have made mistakes. So either you are that good that you don't make mistakes, and I have known several that don't, and a few of them are dead from "non-mistakes" or you are that arrogant. Mistakes can and do happen to anyone no matter how smart they are, that is, unless I have the pleasure of addressing an infallible creature. Do I?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom