Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Replace O2 (oxygen sensors) - 1992

6speeder

Anyone perform this task? No room for 7/8 O2 sensor socket on the right side, and socket will fit on the left side, but no room
for the drive. Can position a 7/8 closed-end wrench, but no room to swing the wrench. Maybe a stubby 7/8 wrench and a hammer might work,
but it is not in the tool box.

Internet searches, including videos of this job, are all straight forward.... easy, no problem.
Forum searches provided no info.

Would be interested to learn how members have achieved removal of the O2 sensor.

Mac Tools OSW 93750 2-1/8" Offset Oxygen Sensor Wrench
For use on the LTI GENII 5.7l HO MPFI V-8 found in the 1993 and later Corvette, 1993 Camaro and 1993 Firebird/TransAm

Additional applications include the 1989 and later Corvette ZRI with the LTI 5.7l DOHC SFI V-8 as well as many other vehicles

Made from quality alloy steel with black finish
3/8” square drive

I use this tool on all O2S work.

Mac Tools OSW 93750 2-1/8" Offset Oxygen Sensor Wrench
For use on the LTI GENII 5.7l HO MPFI V-8 found in the 1993 and later Corvette, 1993 Camaro and 1993 Firebird/TransAm

Additional applications include the 1989 and later Corvette ZRI with the LTI 5.7l DOHC SFI V-8 as well as many other vehicles

Made from quality alloy steel with black finish
3/8” square drive

I use this tool on all O2S work.

Thanks for the response, Hib....... The sensor socket I used was a 7/8" - 1/2" drive...... would not fit on the right side sensor, would fit on
the left side sensor, but no room for the drive. Is the 7/8" - 3/8" drive sensor socket that much smaller?

That be the tool. No doubt the mfg. of that tool sells them to Mac, CTA and likely others.

I bought that tool specifically to change O2Ses on LT5s but I use it for all O2s work, because it's so easy to use.

When you change the sensors, most of them come with a special glass-impregnated anti-seize lubricant. Make sure you use that stuff. Also, if you pull the old sensor out and find the threads are pretty nasty, I'd chase the threads in the sensor bung before I stuck the new sensor in there.

Lastly, the best O2Ses come from Denso. I think their design is better than that of Bosch or Delphi.

Thank you, Hib. A great deal of information written with a few words ........

Unfortunately, I already purchased the Bosch sensors...... at 81, I'm not looking for longevity.

Your forum participation is greatly appreciated.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom