Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Replacement Bulbs for the Dash

65itsnotmyage

Does anybody know where to get replacement bulbs for the 84 guage cluster. They are really small.

Do they look like these? They should be available at your local auto parts store. I believe that they are commonly used bulbs. The same bulbs are used in my boat gauges as well.

pcb.jpg

Autozone sells the bulbs only for $1.79 each. Like I said, just go to your local parts store. They should be able to hook you up.

not 100% sure here, but i believe the 84 uses the same bulbs as the 87 #882 halogens very expensive like $10.00 each
I retro'd mine to use the 194's, $1.97 for 2, available at any autopart store, walmarts, radio shack etc.

a bit of work to do that (the retro fit), but in the end, the 194's are readily available, and very common

as a side note the 882's being halogen, are very hard on the circuit board, and will/have actually burn(ed) it ( due to the heat), you will see this effect when you first open the cluster. Also the 194's do not require any handeling precautions like the 882's

The 194's do give off slightly less light than the 882's but not enough differance to bother anything.

for me the bottom line was component longevity, so out for the 882's and in for the 194's

LEDs

I was at autozone last week and they are starting to carry the super bright LEDs to work in many applications. This would be way cool if there was one that would fit the dash on the C4. Not only could you have something that lit up but it would be cool and the life expectancy would just kick butt. But alas I couldn't find anything however I did find 882 light bulbs locally but they were still 8.00 / a bulb.

I thought there are only 4 bulbs in the older C4's? Oh, and for those of you replacing... don't cheap out, replace them all... it will look better, and you won't have to rip the dash apart again when the ones you didn't replace burn out:)

No finger oils on Halogen bulbs

Halogen bulbs cannot be touched w/bare fingers, or they'll burn up from the skin oil.

I will look into the new LEDs when mine need replacement. They should last forever.

:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom