Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Replacement seat covers

barrier5

Corvette
1982 bright blue coupe
Anyone out there know anyone who might have a pair of 82 slate grey cloth seat covers? No one seems to produce them anymore and having them made from scratch is a bit pricy....Thanks

Sam situation here. I would like to replace the dark blue fabrick seat covers. All I ever see out there is vynl or leathr covers. Apperently they froget this car did come with cloth seats too

You guys may have "been there done that", but have you tried Al Knoch?

Guy

82-guy those are exactly what im looking for. Unfortunately i need a month or to to recover from christmas. If you by some chance still have them then they are as good as sold.

Joeverb said:
82-guy those are exactly what im looking for. Unfortunately i need a month or to to recover from christmas. If you by some chance still have them then they are as good as sold.

Hey Boom. Just after you posted this, I finaly got some action on Ebay. But they have not hit the reserve yet. Let you know how it goes.

Guy

barrier5 said:
Why couldn't you have had grey seats?

Isn't that the way it always seems to go? Someone bought them on Ebay last night anyway.

Joeverb - If they didn't sell, I would have saved them for you- sorry.

Guy

Cloth..... forget it

Rene,

I spent the better part of 5 years looking for someone that had cloth replacement seat covers for my '81 in Cinnabar. The material is simply impossible to find, and it seems impossible in any color. You may end up finding some material that is close from a custom upolstry shop, but most likely it will not be original GM material. If you can't find what you need from someone selling seats, you'll end up going with vinyl or leather as I did. The side bolsters on the cloth seats just do not hold up over time. I went with Leather from Eckler's and they matched the color to my trim panels and dash perfectly. I bought them with new foam and just dropped them in the pans. (Well not exactly "dropped" them in). Good luck in your search.

......... Nut

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom