Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Replacing 1979 corvette seats

Quatrefoil

Corvette
1979 Silver Coupe
Looking to replace the standard seats in the vet with motorized seating to accommodate the aches and pains of being older. Any suggestions ?

Looking to replace the standard seats in the vet with motorized seating to accommodate the aches and pains of being older. Any suggestions ?

The 1981 and 1982's are equipped with an electric driver's side seat which adjusts 6 ways - mine has it and I am as comfortable as any seat on the market in my opinion. Seems they should retroactively fit any 1978 and newer C3. Perhaps, its time for new foam/seat covers, anyway. Good luck.

I installed 2002 corvette seats in my 78. I used the factory 78 seat brackets, stripped the seats down to the aluminum frame, then attached the stock brackets to the aluminum frame. I had mounted the seat rails to the floor, placed the seat on top of the rails, did some calculations on the angle (up) then measured the seat to where I wanted it mounted to the (seat) frame. Drilled and tapped the seat frame, then attached the stock rails to the seat frame with spacers installed.
Love the set up and was able to do it in half a day.
Check out the photo's.
Good luck!
IMG_6892.jpgIMG_6891.jpgIMG_0008.jpgIMG_0006.jpg

...The 1981 and 1982's are equipped with an electric driver's side seat...Seems they should retroactively fit any 1978 and newer C3...

The driver's side floor pan is different for the 81-82 optional power driver's seat to accomodate the seat motor. The power seat will not bolt in for the earlier cars without floor pan modification. Ditto for 81s and 82s without the option; not bolt in.

:thumb

Seats

Seats Look Great. New to the corvette world but had Fiero seats reupholstered for my 78. I'm happy with mine too.:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom