Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Replacing '75 parts with '96

Thore826

Corvette
1975 White, 1984 Black, 1996 Green
So, a couple years back I found a flood-damaged '96 coupe on Craigslist for a reasonable price; it was flood damaged and the owner had a donor electrical system but did not want to go through the hassle of the repair. My father purchased it, and since that day it has sat in the driveway, except when I had to push it around to make room! Now he says he wants to get it out. I couldn't stand to see him "give it away" and said he should try parting it out, which got me thinking... are there any parts on a '96 that I could use as replacements or upgrades on my '75? I've seen replacement front leaf springs from Eckler's which apparently are the same the C4's have, but I haven't the slightest on if an actual C4 part would be able to fit. I was hoping maybe parts like AC's or windshield wipers, heaters/blowers (cosmetically the '75 is almost done, but still has those small mechanical "bugs"). My brother has an '84 he's restoring, so I figured any parts I can't use should possibly fit in that. Thanks for any input

I doubt there any parts that are directly interchangeable between the two, but even a round peg will fit in a square hole if you push hard enough. Why not direct your efforts to salvaging the '96?

You know, I wanted to, but its gonna be a hassle. I'm going to have to keep it in the garage during the process, since I'm going to have to swap out pretty much every electrical component one by one. If the electrical system I have DOES work, and I'm able to get the car running, I'm afraid of the problems that will arise when it comes time to title it, and if we can find a buyer for an ex-flood vehicle since they get so much bad press (search "buy flood salvage vehicle" on Google). I'm not opposed to it, and as long as my dad doesn't want it out this month I want to go for it, but I figured if he does want to sell it off I'd like to use any parts I can.
I meant to mention before, any parts that don't require extensive modification to use.

To be blunt, there are NO parts on a '96 that will work on a '75. None.

:beer
With a little modification, the engine would but being a flooded car, I'm sure the electrics needed for it to run would be shot.
Anything can be done if you have the skills and money but as far as direct replacement, it's not going to happen.
there is a company that builds C3 frames to hold C4 or C5 suspension components, but again, that's some money.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom